nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why You Should Start Journaling this Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Bullet journaling is something that has become super popular over the past couple of years. If you don’t know what bullet journaling is, it’s basically where you journal weekly, or monthly in a notebook with either dotted pages (rather than lined pages) or blank pages. From monthly layouts to weekly schedules, to fitness trackers, there are tons of things to include in your journal. But, really, what’s the point to this new system? Read on to find out why you should start journaling this year.

Photo by Jess Watters on Unsplash

1. Organization: the first time I tried bullet journaling was last November, and I created everything from a spending tracker to a mood tracker to a November “wardrobe wants.” It made me feel so put together and organized having all those trackers and things that I could look at in one place!

Photo by Cathryn Lavery on Unsplash

2. Therapeutic: there’s something so calming about taking a few minutes a day to bullet journal. It really helps me to shut everything out and focus on the present moment.

3. Memories: like all good things, your bullet journal will come to an end. But just start a new one and years down the road, you’ll have tons of bullet journal memories to look through!

Photo by Haley Powers on Unsplash

I hope this article inspired you to start bullet journaling. There are a ton of ways you can fill your journal (look on Pinterest!), and there are some super cute ways you can design your journal. Happy Journaling!!!

Featured Photo by Estée Janssens on Unsplash

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.