Fashion Alert! Stars went BOLD at the 2018 Grammy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

So for the fashion guru’s out there who could not wait to see what this years red carpet would entail for the 2018 Grammy Awards, how amazing were the looks of the night?! What I like to do after an award show is scroll through Instagram (because, duh) and find which looks capture my attention right away. It was so hard to narrow them down, but I think I have picked the best of the best. Now, I know there are plenty of articles on who received worst dressed, but I am all about lifting up these awesome rock stars so I even have a few controversial looks on here for you guys to say what you love about them in the comment section. Let’s be real, they are pretty much the coolest people ever to even be here right?! So lets have a no shame zone and give major praise to these creative artists and their designers!

CARDI B

Feeling fancy in her 80s inspired gorgeously unique white dress, Cardi B shocked us ALL. She’s known for her bold and sassy personality, but what she said in an E! interview with Giuliana Rancic is a comment for the books. She said, “I am I’m feeling good, I’m feeling nervous, overwhelmed—everything!” And then followed with, “Butterflies in my stomach and vagina!” Dot dot dot mouth drop! That’s what makes Cardi B, Cardi B. Keep doing you, girl. 

LADY GAGA

Okay can we please talk about Lady Gaga’s black panther appearance? She was by far the talk of the night and had everyone gushing over her look. I mean how unique is this?! After the red carpet, Gaga took off the skirt and revealed the lace bodysuit underneath. As if she couldn’t get any cooler, I would say this was a totally bold move and it worked. The bodysuit did receive some controversial opinions though. Some said that Gaga should have definitely left her long train skirt on, but others think it was a fashion win. What do you guys think?! I think it is extremely creative and courageous. 

CAMILA CABELLO

And wowing us all in her old fashioned red hot gown, Camila Cabello killed this look. When I saw this dress I could not stop staring. Red is such a classic and to be able to pull off this look, you are already winning in my opinion. 

JANELLE MONAE

Suits were a huge trend at the Grammys this year and out of the brave souls who attempted this look, Janelle Monae definitely won me over with the embellished detail. She’s absolutely gorgeous and this look proved that she really can pull off anything! 

HAILEE STEINFELD

All “hail” the queen! I don’t know what I love more…these boots or the fact that Hailee Steinfeld is wearing them. YOU. GO. GIRL. Not just anyone could pull of this look, but Hailee is totally rocking this pop vibe and the touch of purple plus metallic was seriously so cool of her. 

PINK

Okay, hear me out over this one. So for those that haven’t heard, Pink’s Grammys red carpet look this year was not a big favorite. The feathers seem to be throwing everyone off, but I personally think it’s Pink so who really cares anyway?! Yes, it might have been a bit of a shock but it definitely showed her personality and that is all that matters. She is a role model, a creative and an inspiration to many so keep us intrigued by your bold looks, Pink!

Overall, the 2018 Grammy Awards red carpet looks were gorgeous as always. Too many beautiful pieces to put into one article. Remember to let me know what you think about those controversial looks! Xo-Victoria 

Lover of all things pretty. Gold is my favorite decor. Proud napper, shopper, and Pinterest user. I have high goals and dreams of being a host for E! News or the Today Show. Extremely passionate about giving to others and always striving to be a positive role wherever I go. Favorite quote: "Choose, everyday to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed, and most of all worthy of love." -Alison Malee- I want others to feel loved every single day. No one should ever feel anything less than loved and important, so if you are reading this right now then please know that you are so loved, important, and valued. Xo -V