This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Fall is here! If you’re like me, you love to keep updated on the latest fashion trends for the different seasons and shop for items that fit those trends. However, not all of us can spend more than a couple of dollars for a clothing item. There’s this misconception that fashion has to be expensive clothing brands. Sure, they have a look to them but even clothes that are not expensive are just as equally cute and fashionable. Here are seven items I think you should all have in your fall wardrobe (which will be in two different outfits).

*All photos are taken by Instagrammer @snapbacktina and modeled by moi, @uniquelyvictorious*

1. The Scarf

As the fall season arrives, the weather in Georgia usually drops and gives a drastic chill. If you don’t have long hair, your neck tends to freeze from the cold air. A scarf is the perfect item to have wrapped around your neck to keep the cold air from hitting you. Not only does it serve its purpose in keeping you warm, but it is also considered a fashionable piece. You can purchase a scarf for less than $10 from various stores such as Ross, Walmart, Target, Forever 21 or Rue 21.    

2. The Sweatshirt 

Yay for sweatshirts! I love sweatshirts for so many reasons. Not only are they the cutest tops ever, but they also keep me warm. I’m the type of girl that hates friction between two tops on each other, so I don’t wear anything under mine. It’s up to you whether or not you wish to wear something under but I choose not to. Even if you are feeling a bit chilly, you can always throw a jacket or coat around your sweatshirt to keep you extra cozy. Again, you don’t have to spend a whole lot of money when purchasing a sweatshirt. I got mine from the clearance section at H&M.There’s also a lot of sweatshirts in the clearance section at Forever 21. Go to Ross or Target too! Don’t fret if you don’t know where to find one for under $20. You just have to keep looking!

3. The Skirt

Skrt. Skrt. I absolutely adore skirts. They are one of my favorite pieces of clothing that I love to wear. There are many different types of skirts out there, but my favorite type is the flowy above the knees one. I can spin and twirl and make myself feel like a princess. You can wear skirts with literally anything. You can style the skirt with a tucked in t-shirt or a tucked in sweater, like I have done here. I have matched my black floral skirt with a white sweatshirt. When I saw this skirt, I knew I had to have it! Again, you don’t need to spend so much money on fashionable items. I got this skirt from Charlotte Russe in the clearance area for $5. Yes, you heard that right…$5! That’s an amazing deal! So, make sure to check out Charlotte Russe’s site for exclusive deals!

4. The Purse

I love to style my outfit with a bag or a purse. I don’t like to carry much with me when I go places, so little purses are my go-to bags! I brought along my faux Chanel purse to this photoshoot and I absolutely love this purse! It’s very light and has a button that clicks the flap closed. It was a gift so I can’t tell you the price for this! But everywhere I shop, I always encounter so many little purses and handbags that can be found under $10. The bigger bags may be between $10 to $20 but still a good price and not at all expensive!

5. The Cardigan

Since it is technically still considered fall, you might settle for a cardigan. I absolutely love cardigans. They’re both equally thick and light. Its soft texture keeps me warm and doesn’t make me feel like I’m wearing something heavy. It’ll give a beautiful look with your outfit. Some cardigans have buttons and some don’t. I like the ones that just hang so it can show my top or dress as well! I got this cardigan as a gift, but you can honestly find them anywhere. They have them at Ross, Rue 21, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe and many more stores. When you go, make sure to look at their sales! Most are under $20!

6. The Dress

The one thing I love about fall is that I get to wear any type of dress I want! I love wearing dresses. I love the way they flow and make me feel pretty. You can style dresses with literally any kind of jacket or cardigan. It’s good for when you’re outdoors so you can keep yourself warm! When you’re inside, you can just slide that jacket or cardigan off. Here, I have a long pink dress from Topshop. Every once and awhile, I like to shop at some pricey sites. However, I mainly go check out their on-sale section! Usually, Topshop will have a couple of items that are on sale for under or a little above $20. That’s exactly what I did! I went to their website and found this dress for exactly $20. With tax and everything included, the total came out to just a little over $20 and that gets you free shipping! So check out Topshop for some items too! I assure you, you won’t be disappointed!

7. The Ankle Booties

I love to wear boots. It doesn’t matter what kind of season it is. I’ll wear them whenever I feel like it. It sounds crazy but that’s just how much I love boots! My favorite styles are the ones with heels. I’m a sucker for footwear that click and clack on the ground. Here, I have a pair of black ankle high heel boots. I got these at a thrift shop for $4. Surprised? Don’t worry…I was too! 

And there you have it! Seven easy and affordable items I think you should have in your fall wardrobe! Good luck and happy shopping!

Victoria is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is an English major with a minor in Mass Communications. She loves fashion, coffee, reading, writing and all things related to motorcycles.