timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Embracing the Body You Were Blessed With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

It is that time of the year again where everyone is trying to get toned and ready for their Summer 2k18 bodies and while exercise is great for our health and mental acuteness it may be impacting you negatively. How do we love ourselves for who we are well I’ll give you a quick rundown on how to love yourself no matter what.

1. Look in the mirror and remind yourself that beauty is not skin deep, it starts from the inside meaning you have to think positively about you! Do not pick out the “flaws” you think you have because every single piece of you is beautiful and its important to remind yourself that even on the days you don’t feel so cute because girl you are!

1. Dress according to the way you want to feel! Right now there are tons of trends to try out hoodie dresses for the odd cold days that seem to still be among us or floral rompers for the days you just want to feel like a princess and the 70 degree whether is bathing you in all the sunlight. You were made to shine girl, Rihanna says it well “shine bright like a diamond”!

1. Dance, dance, dance to the beat of your own drum! That means listen to that new song you can’t seem to get out of your head and drive around with your windows down on a sunny day just so you can blast it aloud. Or maybe you are more private with your personal serenades well no problem dance to your favorite playlists while doing your makeup or  let them play softly in the background as you read a new book!

1. Don’t tell your bank account I told you to try this out but shopping therapy can make you feel like a million bucks. Personally I love shoes specifically sneakers so you can catch me picking up a cute pair for motivation sometimes and as long as you spend your money wisely a little gift from time to time isn’t bad at all. Can I hear you say “ Treat Yourself!”

1. Last but not least bask in the beauty that is yourself because no one else on this earth will ever be the exact replica of every single piece of you. God has blessed you to look and be something unique in this world so enjoy that, you can be glitter and sunshine but also intelligence and passion all at once. Any version of you is to die for and girl its great to be a Women!

Citation:

Photo by Andi Rieger on Unsplash

Photo by Kyle Loftus on Unsplash

Photo by Vanessa Serpas on Unsplash

Photo by David Charles Schuett on Unsplash

Photo by Clarisse Meyer on Unsplash

I love to look for the best in everybody I meet, I am an optimist on the pursuit of happiness. Some of my favorite things are fashion, music,coffee and anything that can make a girl sparkle. My hopes for the future are to become a broadcast journalist and hopefully end up on Good Morning America, E! News, or to have my own talk show. A favorite quote of mind that speaks wonders to me is "Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?"-k.w- I love unique and original people and I strive to be myself no matter what the circumstances. We are the only ones who can limit our greatness and its important to remember ,even as you are reading this, that you are enough!
Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.