5 Shoes Every College Girl Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Ah shoes, you’ve gotta love ’em. I know I do. Well, love is a strong word, but I really really really like shoes.

There’s a saying that goes, “you can never have too many shoes.” But when you’re a college gal, this saying just doesn’t apply. Just think about the closet space we’re given (I digress lol). Not to mention, we’re college students. College students. We most likely can’t afford every single shoe we would like. So, with that in mind, we’ve come up with five shoe essentials every college girl should have.

1.     Sneakers:

Photo by Camila Damásio on Unsplash The top essential. Sneakers are cool, sneakers are comfy. You want a good pair of sneaks in your life. From Adidas, to Converse, to Keds, there’s a sneaker out there for every gal. A cute pair of sneakers can make the whole look of your outfit. If you’ve just bought a pair of sneakers, and you’re not sure what kind of outfit they’ll look nice with, something I like to do is go on Pinterest and type in “[sneaker name] style.” From there, you can find a ton of different styles and outfits that you can rock your sneakers in!

2. Dressy Shoes

Photo by Chelsea Francis on Unsplash

These include everything from flats to pumps to booties to stilettos (if you want), and they can change your life. Or at least whether or not you get the job or internship. The great thing about dressy shoes are, like sneakers, there are so many to choose from. If you’re not a big fan of high-heeled shoes, you can opt for flats. If you’re not too crazy about flats (but really, who’s not crazy about flats?), you can go for the pumps. And of course, you can’t forget the super cute booties that have been trending on college campuses recently. They’re great for outings with your friends, or even to wear to class (they can be super comfy, just break them in before walking to class in them).

3. Sandals:

Photo by CHAN Y on Unsplash

These are highly highly highly requested, especially for the hot, summer months, for two reasons. One, you need to let your feet breathe every now and then, and wearing sneakers all the time can lead to mold. And two, you don’t want your roommate(s) to dread you coming back because your feet stink up the whole room (or apartment). Please, don’t let either of these things happen.

4.     Gym Shoes:

Photo by Hunter Johnson on Unsplash

If you wanna go to the gym, you’ve gotta have gym shoes. Storytime: I never went to the gym my freshman year of college, and my excuse was that I didn’t have gym shoes. Lane excuse, I know. That’s why you should get some gym sneakers, then go to the gym!

5.     Rain-proof shoes:

Photo by Max Conrad on Unsplash

A lot of people forget about shoes they can wear in the rain. But don’t forget about the rainproof shoes, they can help your feet stay dry, and your non-rainproof shoes from getting ruined. Rainproof shoes don’t only have to be rain boots (but, rain boots are super cute, so…). Depending on the weather, they can be a pair of combat boots or riding boots, or even those gym shoes we talked about in the last section. But if you wanna go for the rain boots, I don’t blame you *wink.

Well, that’s it! Can you believe you only need five shoes for college. I know we’re girls and we’re most likely gonna find another shoe to add to our shoe collection in the next few months. But let this be your starting guide! I hope you enjoyed it!

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.