Which Disney Princess You Are Based on Your Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Everyone has a favorite Disney Princess, often the same one they loved as a kid. But who do you really relate to based on what you’re studying in college? Below is a list of popular majors at UWF and which Disney Princess most identifies with them.

Marine Biology: Ariel

Although Ariel wanted to “be where the people are,” Marine Biology students want to be under the sea. They both enjoy their fish friends and want to make the ocean a better environment.

Education or English: Belle

You won’t find Belle without a book in her hand or a dream in her head. Much like how Belle finds the good in the Beast, teachers always find the good in their students.

Finance or accounting: Cinderella

Similar to how Cinderella has her fairy Godmother to transform her dress into a gown, a pumpkin into a carriage, and mice into horsemen, finance and accounting majors can turn investments into profits and numbers into re-able reports.

Engineering: Elsa

Only an engineering major could design such an elaborate ice castle like Elsa. Those frozen fractals couldn’t have been ice powers alone. There was definitely some math involved.

Physics: Jasmine

I know they claim that it’s a magic carpet, but let’s be real. There has to be some physics behind that! Physics really is A Whole New World.

Criminal Justice: Merida

Merida is so fierce and intimidating with her red hair, you can tell she means business. She’ll go to the ends of Scotland to seek justice for the ones she loves. 

Political Science or International Studies: Moana

Moana is going to become the leader of Motunui and when the curse threatens her village, she goes above and beyond for her people, just like political science majors.

Women’s, Gender, and sexuality Studies: Mulan

Mulan takes her father’s place in war even though women are not allowed to join. However, she ends up showing the army that they should be singing I’ll make a WOMAN out of you.

Hospitality or environmental sciences: Pocahontas

When the “White men” come to America, Pocahontas doesn’t see them as evil. Much like hospitality majors, she wants to welcome them with open arms. Also, I’m sure environmental science majors know what’s just around the river bend and can paint with all the colors of the wind. Pocahontas and environmental science majors really appreciate the beauty of the earth.

Psychology or social work: Rapunzel

Rapunzel is incredibly loving and cares for all whom she meets, even after being locked in a tower for most of her life! She easily relates to people and stands up for her own well-being at the end of the move when she finally realizes that her mother actually doesn’t know what’s best.

Nursing: Sleeping Beauty

Nursing students will see some crazy stuff in their careers and I wonder if a princess in a deep sleep will be one of them. Nurses also work long and hard hours so when they do get a break, they’ll probably want to sleep as long as Aurora did.

Health sciences: Snow White

Any health science major could tell you that eating a bad apple can be harmful to your health, however, can it really put you in a deep sleep?

Business: Tiana

Like any smart businesswoman, Tiana strategically saves her money and finds a way to buy an old sugar mill to open her own business. Business majors will relate to her grit and grind to make her dreams come true through entrepreneurship.

Sara is a sophmore at the University of West Florida. She is majoring in Comprehensive Marketing and minoring in management and international business. She has a passion for the beauty industy and aspires to be a social media marketer for a cosmetics company. Her other hobbies include cooking, hiking, paddleboarding and SCUBA diving.
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs