What to Wear for College Nights When It’s Freezing Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

College can be overwhelming, especially when all the assignments creep up at the end of the semester. No shame in taking one night off to release some steam and hang out with friends. But the chilly weather always has us wondering what we should wear when we do decide to go out. With a few tips, you can stay warm while also still looking stylish even during the cooling temperatures.

Try a crop sweater

If you enjoy wearing crop tops year-round, then this is perfect for you. Wearing a cropped sweater allows you to put a fun spin on the classic sweater look. Because of the cut of the sweater, it will compliment your figure rather than make you appear as if you don’t have a shape. Also, you won’t have to worry about being cold because you’re still wearing a sweater! Add a sneaker and some fun earrings for a relaxed but put together vibe.

Asymmetric Trapper Jumper

Dark Blue Skinny Ankle Jeans

Metal Fringe Dangle Earrings

New Ace Flower Sneakers

Find the perfect over-the-knee boots

Over-the-knee boots are going to be your best friend during the winter. Whether you want to pair them with a faux mini skirt, leggings or dresses, they will compliment any outfit that comes to mind while keeping your legs warm. You can find them with or without a heel, meaning the comfort level is completely up to you!

Drop Diamond Collar

Wrapover Satin Blouse

Black Faux Leather Motorcross Zip Mini Skirt

Over-the-Knee Boots

Rock a bodycon dress

We will never get tired of bodycon dresses. Why should we? There are so many options when it comes to the style of dresses you may prefer. If you get cold easily, reach for a long sleeve bodycon dress, or go for the short sleeve bodycon and pair it with tights and your choice of heels to show this cold weather who’s boss.

Dark Red Tie Cuff Blazer

Spitfire Lennon Flip Silver/Clear/Orange

Over-Shoulder Over-Layer Ribbed Midi Dress

Dionysus Medium Appliquéd Textured-Leather Shoulder Bag

Legion Lace Up High Heel Booties

Mix it up with a mini skirt

Mini skirts are here to stay, and they did not come to play! There’s a plethora of outfits you can put together with this piece to successfully survive the winter wonderland. You can dress your outfit up by pairing it with a button down, blazer, tights and flats for a more casual look. Just grab a detailed, vibrant top, festive jewelry, dazzling tights and heels and you’re ready to make some moves on the dance floor.

Zara Black Top

Urban Vogue Flap Skirt

Leather Moto Jacket

Lace Up Bootie

Cover image via Unsplash

My name is Tatyana Ransome. I'm currently a student at the University of West Florida, studying Advertising with a Minor in Photography. With this major, I'm hoping to pursue fashion editing, fashion marketing, and blogging. I also love any and everything associated with Beyoncé!