This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

You may think working in college is great; you become a more independent person and getting that paycheck feels fantastic. However, if you work and go to school you know the struggle.

1.  You’re always tired.

Admit it. Your go-to excuse is “I was working all day yesterday.” Plus, you’ve probably picked up a few extra hours and that doesn’t help your constant exhaustion.

2. You can never hang out with friends.

You’re always working. If you’re not, you’re trying to get all your homework and studying caught up from the week before.  

3. You spend your whole paycheck on unnecessary things.

C’mon, you didn’t need to eat out six times last week. But food is life.

4. You never get anything done.

You always tell yourself you’ll do your homework when you get off, but you don’t. You say you’ll do it before you go into work. You don’t. Instead, you’re taking a five hour nap.

5. That paycheck is nice, though.

That paycheck you just got will make you cry tears of joy, then sorrow because it’ll be spent in two days (max). When you do have the chance to go out, you don’t have to worry about not having enough money!

6. You got this.

Even though working and pursuing a degree is hard work, you’re doing it. You’ve got this.

Cover image via The Wall Street Journal 

Evangeline Murphy is currently studying to get her BA in English: Creative Writing at University of West Florida. You can usually find her in her room, under a fluffy blanket watching Disney movies or reading. She hopes to use to degree to be an editor. Being paid to read is the dream.
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs