This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

​Going to the gym and working out is necessary to our health and well-being, but we often have a few things going through our heads while we are there.

1. “I wonder why ALL these people are here. Are they all working out for similar reasons, or am I the only one who needs to justify the whole pizza I ate while watching Grey’s Anatomy?”
  1. “Gym clothes are so uncomfortable, particularly sports bras. I need to breathe people! Can someone please design something that allows for breathing?”
  1. “Do calories really burn so slowly? It feels like I have been on this treadmill for hours. How is it possible that I have only burned 60 calories?”
  1. “Has anybody has ever notably changed their physical appearance in one gym session?”
  1. “Why did I sign up for this 7 a.m. spin class? Am I an overachiever? Does this mean I get to skip out on gym for the next two weeks?”
  1. *Googles weight-loss fitness tea*
  1. “Is it really worthwhile investing so much time and effort into my long-term health if global warming is so serious?”
  1. “Who invested the stepper? Who thought, ‘You know what people would enjoy? An eternal staircase!’”
  1. “Will people judge me if I watch the Bachelorette on my phone while attempting to do my cardio?”
  1. *Watches some random guy do a bizarre stretch* “Is that even normal? Surely, that can’t help your health in anyway unless you would like to lick your toes.”
  1. “I’m just so tired.”
  1. “Wait a second. I’m breaking a sweat. Aha! I FEEL AMAZING!”
  1. “Nope, so sooooooooooooo tired.”
  1. *Googles ways to accept changing body*
  1. “Oh well that was fun, better reward myself! I did so good!”