This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

The Met Gala is an annual benefit held by the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute. It is referred to as the “party of the year,” gathering many different celebrity and fashion hosts. The event is black-tie and we see many different styles and outfits every year. Here are some of 2017’s looks.  

Zendaya looks stunning as always in a Dolce and Gabbana dress.

21 year old fashion model Kendall Jenner is wearing La Perla Couture.

Fellow model and a friend of Jenner, Bella Hadid is also seen in a sheer black outfit by Alexander Wang.

Jayden Smith rocks all black in Louis Vuitton.

Fashion Model Rila Fukushima also is seen in Louis Vuitton.

J. Lo looks like a princess in a Valentino Haute Couture dress and jewelry by Harry Winston.

Reviews seemed to be really mixed about this look. As one who looks up to Rihanna as a fashion icon I appreciate this look, but it’s not for everyone.

What did you think of this years Met Gala looks?

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.