This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

In the winter it can get really cold around campus. Simply walking to your car, bus stop, and even classes at the beginning and end of every day can get a little arduous . Although it’s very cold you can still feel good and look your best this quarter by dressing warm and stylish. Here’s a few tips and tricks on how to stay warm and stylish this winter.

Layers:

On days it’s really cold you can bundle up with layers on your way into class. And once you reach the warmth inside you can take off layers. A couple of tips would be wear a thin long sleeve shirt under your top, or a flannel/cardigan over your top and under your coat. And if you get really cold like myself, you can even wear a pair of tights or leggings under your pants to keep your legs extra warm.

Invest in a winter coat- or maybe two:

Having a warm coat is essential to living in Washington in the winter. It gets really cold and the days are short which brings the chill of night fall quicker in winter, so a good winter coat will go a long way. It also rains alot here, so a raincoat is also a vital necessity.

Faux-fur Sweaters and Jackets:

Fur (faux of course) is super in this season, and practical too. Not only is a fur touch stylish it’s also super comfy and adds warmth! You can find furry sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets, scarfs, hats, gloves, and so on! 

Pack winter accessories in your bag:

Gloves, scarves, and hats! You can easily throw these accessories in your bag, and they look cute with any winter outfit . You never know when you might get extra chilly while walking around, especially at night, so it’s better to stay prepared.

Rock a sweatshirt:

Sweatshirts are cozy, warm, and can be totally cute! Find a cool brand, pattern or even color to express your style. You can add warmth to a sweatshirt by wearing a long sleeve shirt under it, or throwing on a vest/ coat over it. 

Fuzzy Socks:

Wearing fuzzy socks under boots has changed my life for the better. The extra comfort and warmth they add are amazing! Having numb feet is no fun so keep them warm with these socks (or any thick socks will do.) Plus these socks are cheap and easy to find!

Boots and fashionable boot socks:

Boots are a must have in the winter. A pair of boots are trendy and are a perfect winter staple. Whatever your prefered boot style is, they instantly make any outfit feel more dressed up and put-together. Pair your boots with a stylish pair of boot socks for a stylish outfit that will keep you warmer in the colder months!

I hope a few of these fashion tips work for you! Good luck this quarter and stay warm Ladies!

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.