HCUWB spotlight: Rukeya Yassen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Name: Rukeya Yassen

Major: Business administration

Languages spoken: English, Amharic, and Tigrinya

Hometown: Seattle, WA

Year: 2020

What things are you excited for, your first year of college?

I’m excited to start a new chapter in my life where I get to explore my interests and find out what it is that I want to do with my life. I’m also excited to meet new people and join clubs.

What’s your favorite thing about your culture and why?

My favorite thing about my culture is the love we have for one another and the strong binds we build amongst each other.

Do you have a favorite artist that you listen to? If so who?

I like listening to PND (partynextdoor)

Where’s your favorite place to eat in Seattle?

My favorite place to eat in Seattle is Olympic express it’s a small family owned restaurant in south Seattle

What’s your favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday is Eid

What’s your dream car?

My dream car is an all black Range Rover

What motivates you?

I am motivated by my parents because they came into this country with nothing at all only to provide the best life for me and my siblings. So everything that I do is for them and because of how much they’ve sacrificed for me.

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.