This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Name: Prathyusha Pillari

Hometown: Hyderabad, India

Major: Computer Science

Minor: Business Administration

Languages spoken: English, Tamil,  Telugu, and Hindi

Year: 2019

Why did you chose computer science?

I love technology and I don’t think I can imagine myslef doing anything else

What’s the last thing you watched on Netflix and why did you choose to watch it?

That 70’s show.

If you could become fluent in any language what language would it be? And Why?

Spanish and French. My sister knows Spanish and she always yells at me in Spanish because I have no idea what she is saying so I’m jealous. Plus it’s a really cool language.

If you could go to any country where would it be?

Australia. 

What do you miss most about India?

I miss the food and the sun… in general probably the lifestyle.

When you moved here from India what was the most surprising thing?

There is a misconception that all teenagers in the U.S are spoiled, always party and don’t care about their future. After I moved here I realized that it wasn’t true.

If you could change something about your previous quarters, what would it be? And why?

Planning my winter quarter more accordingly because I was a mess when school started and switched classes a million times.

What’s your favorite color?

I love all colors.

Who has been your favorite professor so far?

PETER BROOKS!

Do you have any fun summer plans?

I want to do an internship and I am currently trying to decided which internships to do.

What’s your favorite food?

Crispy chicken burger from Red Robin

Who is your favorite artist?

The Weeknd, Drake, and Bollywood music.

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.