HCUWB Spotlight : Maria Raza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Name: Maria Raza

Major: Business or Law related studies

Year: Freshman 

Hometown: Shoreline, WA

Campus involvement: ASUWB and Her Campus, Student Technology Fee Committee 

What are your interests or something that you’re passionate about?

I like to dance like Hip-Hop. I like…I am passionate about climate change and learning about it, learning about women’s rights. I am interested in business marketing and fashion. 

Do you have role models?

Michele Obama, because she is a woman a color and she is very strong, smart. She paved the way for education for many other women. 

What is your favorite spot in Seattle?

I really enjoy Pike Place. It’s really pretty, and it’s a lot of fun to see the culture. I like to go to Alki Beach in Seattle to hang out.

A fun fact about you?

A fun fact…umm, I used to collect stuffed animal monkeys, and I have about 50 of them in the attic. I also won a national dance championship in Orlando for Dance.

Favorite Food?

Thai food or Indian food!

Favorite Movie?

The rush hour trilogy 

Favorite Song?

Walking on a Dream by The Empire of the Sun

How do you like Her Campus UWB so far?

I like being a part of Her Campus UWB. It’s really empowering to see a women group thriving. I think it’s really important to have that women empowerment on campus.

Do you want to add something?

In addition, since today’s is international women’s day, I believe its important to remember all of the amazing women leaders that have triumphed for us to be able to have the experiences that we have today. I believe that UWB is really helpful in promoting equality for women and we should uphold that standard for the coming years.

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.