This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Name: Loralyn Narvaez 

Major: Communications 

Languages spoken: English and Korean

Hometown: Sacramento, California 

Year: 2020

Do you like California more or Washington?

I personally like Washington more compared to California. The bipolar weather is an atmosphere, people, and just general balance of nature and city life is really beautiful to me. 

What is your favorite music to dance to?

I used to dance Jazz, modern, and a teeny tiny  bit of contemporary and hiphop in high school so any song I hear I love to move to. Kpop is also really fun to do dance to though. 

Whats your favorite dish to cook?

I can’t say I have one favorite, but I love to cook Thai food and Korean food the most.

Who taught you how to cook?

My mom and both my grandmas’ showed me how to cook when I was growing up, but I didn’t really enjoy it. I think since moving here I had to fend for myself, I taught myself through trial and error, the tips from my mom and grandmas, and Pinterest. 

When did you start your own blog? And how has that experience been so far?

I started my own blog about a month after I moved to Washington. Its still a work in progress and I haven’t had much time to touch it recently, but I’m gonna do my best to keep at it. 

What’s your favorite type of weather? 

As a Cali girl, I love feeling warm. Im much happier when the sun is put, so I think since moving here I took the sun for granted in California since we don’t get it much over here. 

What’s your favorite thing about Filipino culture?

I think most people would just say the food. Its very hearty and flavorful and all of my family members love cooking it together. 

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.