Campus Conversations: What Do You Love About Halloween?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Halloween is amazing. There’s cheap candy, free candy, spooky movies, costumes and so much more! Although, not everyone likes it. So I went abound my campus to see what people thought about Halloween! Here are their responses. 

“I love Halloween! Who doesn’t?” – Male, 18

“I don’t do Halloween” – Male, 19

“I’m going to dress up as Khaleesi from Game of Thrones” – Female, 18

“I love the candy” – Female, 20

“I usually dress up to school and everything so I love Halloween, but I don’t know if people do that in college though” – Female, 18

“I love Fall and one of the reasons is because of the Holiday season!” – Male, 20

“Hmmm, let’s see. Yes for the cheap candy, yes for the trick or treating but no for the whole costumes stuff” – Female, 21

“I love love love love it” – Male, Professor

“Apple cider and pumpkin spice season baby!” – Female, 22

“Horror movies” – Female, 19

So, by all these responses from the students and professors on my campus, I have come to teh conclusion that some people don’t do Halloween but mostly, no one can resist the candy!

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.