ASUWB Spotlight: Dominick Juarez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Name: Dominick Juarez

Pronouns: He/Him/His

Where to find: WebsiteFacebookOffice Hours

What’s your position/role in ASUWB?

President

What projects are you currently working on?

Building an efficient & effective team by networking them with admin on our campus. 

In Process of developing a voice to the regents and chancellor, including management of out list serve

Working with my team:

1. Vice President- Senators doing active outreach
  2. Public Relations- Increasing our visibility
  3. Government Relations- Increasing awareness of politics to students and involvement
  4. Academic Affairs- Increasing student voice within schools to establish councils for each school
  5. Student Advocacy- developing outreach and maintenance of Student Diversity Council
  6. Business Operations- Increasing our supplies to students, and discounts from local businesses

What has your experience on ASUWB been like so far this year? Very rewarding in the sense of learning, and managing a team of leaders

In your opinion how does ASUWB help the campus?

1. It provides opportunities first and foremost for students to represent all students at UW Bothell
  2. It also advocates for students considering their vested interests
  3. Works to change the dynamics on our campus, as well as space layout and functions within our campus

If you could recommend one food item to the students that is available to purchase on the UWB/Cascadia campus, what would it be and where can you find it?

I don’t eat from camps, but if I had to, I’d recommend getting a protein bar after working out from the vending machine in the Lower Level of the ARC.

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.