This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Mom jeans have been a resurrected trend for about a year now, and surprisingly, they have not died out. Famous people like Kylie Jenner continue to promote mom jeans by posting backside pictures that are supposed to entice the public to want to wear jeans that belong in the 80s. I am sure that these jeans were fun while they lasted, but now we should be past it. Some fads just need to stay where they were born. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am all for bringing back past fashion trends and agree that some styles are just too good to be left behind. Chokers anyone? They were a popular 90s accessory, and now they are bigger than ever. They bring a tasteful and elegant touch to any outfit and I for one, can not stop buying them. Although mom jeans are a whole different story. This is a fad where people are celebrating how awful these jeans were and almost wearing them in irony.

From the light blue wash to the high waist, these jeans just ooze unappealing vibes. Many women claim that the appeal in these jeans are the fact that they make the butt look bigger. If that is what you are going for, then I would highly suggest finding an alternative to mom jeans. Trust me ladies, there are plenty of options to make your curves show. 

Consider this my petition to stop mom jeans and plead with the public to not indulge in this outdated denim anymore. Let them stay in the past with the family from Full House where they belong. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout