This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Just picture it. You’re at the nail salon and you’re holding those wheels of nail colors, trying to decide what the current trendy color is. I know your struggle. You want to go for the color that you always pick, but bright red just doesn’t feel right in the spring. To make your decision a little easier, I have put together a list of nail colors that you should go for, depending on which season it is. 

Winter

The cold weather brings not only winter coats and boots but also an array of frosty colors to request for your next manicure. Dark reds, army greens, and deep maple browns are a few that you can’t go wrong with. When in doubt, just go dark this season.

Spring

Begin your spring manicure with a fresh start. Spring is for pastels – light pink, light blue, pale yellow and lavender are your go-to colors. 

Summer

Yay summer! Go bright with your nails – hot pink, electric blue, and sea green will let people know what season you’re really about.

Autumn

Get inspired by autumn’s earthy colors and bring it back to your nails. You can’t go wrong with reds, dark greens, and burnt oranges. 

No matter the season, your nails represent the diva you are, so take care of them and treat them to the color of the season. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout