What Kind of Person Are You Based on The Kind of Music You Listen To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

There is a reason why “What kind of music do you like?” is such a well-known first date question. It’s because there is so much you can learn about a person based on what they say. Find out what kind of person you are based on what kind of music you primarily listen to. 

R&B

You are a lover of the past, and you tend to not like the basics. People love you for your peppy attitude and it’s what draws most people to you. You always know how to have a good time and you don’t care what anyone thinks. 

Singer / Songwriter

You are very easy going and a little introverted. You are known for being an understanding and sweet person and you are a hopeless romantic.  You don’t mind being alone on a rainy day because it gives you space to think. People find your calming presence pleasant and refreshing. 

Country

You appreciate the little things in life like a pretty sunset or a warm day and you don’t complain much. You know how to have fun on a weekend, but you also can slow down and enjoy a nice car ride. 

Electronic

You are super chill and people like your easygoing attitude, although you can come off as intimidating sometimes. You don’t make plans, plans just happen. 

Rap

You come off as tough, but if you look beneath the hard exterior, you are just as soft as the rest of us. You can be aggressive in situations but you are fierce and loyal and you would do anything for your friends and family. 

Pop

You are a bright and bubbly person and you are very open with your music choices even if you prefer pop. Even if you get a lot of teasing for actually liking the top 40, you don’t care because there’s a reason it’s top 40 right?

Classical

You are incredibly easy going and you prefer to spend time alone. You admire our makers of music and you find it soothing. You know how to take time for yourself and you are a great listener. 

Religious Music

Lyrics are important to you and you find them uplifting and therapeutic. You are great at giving advice because as long as you are listening to your music, you’re getting quality advice all the time. You have a calming presence and people find you reliable.  

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout