5 Thoughts All Girls Have Had About Their Twenty-First

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Turning twenty-one is definitely an important rite of passage in the United States. Gone are the days of getting raspberry lemonade at restaurants while taking secret sips from your siblings’ drinks (or is that just me?) It is well known that you can’t truly feel like an adult until you turn twenty-one. As a result, there tends to be a lot of build-up to this momentous day. Here are some thoughts that girls have before their twenty-first: 

1. Who Should I Invite?

Is it going to be awkward if I invite my mom? How many friends should come? Keep in mind that all these people are going to see me at my most embarrassing moments. 

2. How Many Places Are We Supposed to Visit?

Sometimes it’s more fun to stay at one trusty bar the whole night and other times it’s best to keep on the move. 

3. What Should My First Legal Drink Be?

This is important because people remember this kind of stuff right? 

4. What If I Do Something Really Embarrassing?  Listen . . . this is just like any night. I’m not trying to have any regrets this time. 

5. This is Going to Be So Much Fun

‘Nuff said. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout