5 Food Places You Should Visit in Wisconsin this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Everyone’s semester is quickly coming to an end, so with the last few weeks remaining, here are five restaurants in Wisconsin that definitely show that it’s not just the land of beer and cheese.

1. Comet Cafe

Located in Milwakee, Wisconsin, Comet Cafe has a little bit of everything. But, they specialize in comfort food. Their special Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is something you definitely must try once you’re there. The restaurant is a must stop spot for vegans and vegetarians. 

2.  MACS Macaroni and Cheese Shop

Everybody loves macaroni, but MACS Macaroni and Cheese Shop takes it to another level, allowing you to choose a wide variety of toppings for your macaroni like pulled pork, hot dogs and bacon just to name a few. Located in the Wisconsin Dells, MACS is something you have to check out this summer.

3. Stella Blues

Located right in Eau Claire, Stella Blues has some of the best Cajun food in Wisconsin. You’ll find the best jumbalaya and gumbo in the state, and it’s a must visit for any Cajun food fan.

4. Blue’s Egg

Blue’s Egg is for anyone who loves breakfast food. Located in Milwakee, Blue’s Eggs breakfast menu will make you realize why people love brunch so much. The wait is long but it is worth the trip if you’re going to Milwakee.

5. Plae Bistro

The Plae Bistro is the perfect resturaunt for anyone who follows a gluten-free diet. Located in Green Bay, the Plae Bistro has tons of tasty gluten-free foods just waiting to be tried. This is a restaurant you have to try this summer.

Her Campus at UW-Stout