etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Summer Songs That Will Make You Miss Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Summer often has so many great memories, the time of sunshine, and bonfires. If your like me you often associate summer with music, so here’s a list of 10 summer songs that will make you miss summer.

1. Dynamite- Taio Cruz

Going back to the Summer of 2010, Taio Cruz’s Dynamite will bring back a lot of childhood summer memories, like it did for me. I think of all the summer pool parties I used to go to with my friends, and this would be one of the only songs playing at the party.

2. Starships- Nicki Minaj

Released the summer of 2012, Nicki Minaj’s song Starships will bring you back to the days of driving to the beach with your friends on a hot summer day. 

3. Cheerleader- OMI

With this song gaining popularity in the summer of 2015, OMI’s song Cheerleader was on the radio all the summer long, and for a while was the theme of the summer.

4. Happy- Pharrell Williams

For the summer of 2014, you couldn’t drive around with the radio on without hearing Happy at least once. 

5. I Got a Feeling- Black Eyed Peas

The summer of 2009 was highlighted by The Black Eyed Peas, more specifically their song “I Gotta Feeling”

6. Cooler Than Me- Mike Posner

This song from the summer of 2010, was highlighted by many songs but this one be one of the most recognizable and probably one you’re singing to yourself right now

7. Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO

The song of 2011, Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO will be remembered as the song with one of the craziest music videos to date.

8. We Are Young- Fun. feat. Janelle Monae

The summer of 2012 had many hits, and there were some I chose not to put on this this list simply because I don’t want to risk the song making a comeback. *cough* Call me Maybe *cough*. But none the less, “We Are Young” is one of the highlights of 2012.

California Gurls- Katy Perry .feat. Snoop Dogg

While this song did get overplayed for while, Katy Perry’s “California Gurls” was one of the hits of the Summer of 2010 and definitley reminds you of season.

Summer- Calvin Harris

It’s hard to not think about summer and not think about Calvin Harris “Summer”, partially because summer is the name of the song. But, also because in the summer of 2014, it was the big hit song .

Her Campus at UW-Stout