10 Memes To Describe What It’s Like Having a Birthday Close to Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Everyone is in the Christmas spirit and decorating for the holidays while the rest of us that have birthdays close to Christmas are wondering if we are going to receive the two gifts lumped into one. Merry Christmas? I think you meant Happy Birthday. Here are ten memes to describe exactly what’s it’s like to have a birthday close to Christmas coming from a gal who has a Christmas Eve birthday. 

1. So do you get two separate presents or just one for both?

2. Christmas this Christmas that… WHAT ABOUT ME?

3. You get to share your birthday with Jesus!

4. You Have To Wait All Year For Presents.5. You won’t be able to do what you want on your birthday. Basically Ever.

6. If you do attempt to plan a party in December, good luck getting anyone to actually show up. 

7. The first question everyone always asks you is “So did it suck being born on Christmas?”. 

(The answer is always YES)

8. Your birthday becomes an afterthought.

9. When someone tries to give you a combined gift.

10. Eventually, birthdays (and therefore, Christmas) become less of a big deal.

To all those out there with Christmas Birthdays, I want to be the first to wish you a very special Happy Birthday and may everyone around you wish you one instead of saying Merry Christmas. Here’s to the shittiest birthday in the entire world!

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout