Say Hello To Beverly Jackson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

She is talkative, most definitely vibrant, and adorable– meet Beverly Elizabeth Tylisha Jackson, the womyn you probably have seen in a few protests around campus, as well as the Office of Multicultural Student Services. Some people call her Bevie J, Bev, Big Bev or The Realest In The City, but I call her B.  Keep reading and check out this super funny interview I had with her!

Name: Beverly Elizabeth Tylisha Jackson

Year: 3rd year

Major: Sociology             

Minor: Public Administration     

Hometown: Milwaukee, WI       

PGPs: She/Her/Hers

Jasmin: So B, Are you involved in anything on Campus?

B: Yes, I am apart of ALANA which is Asian Latina African Native American Womyn, and I am also apart of some other stuff like Black Student Unity and Pre-College tutoring through the Office of Multicultural Student Services. You also have probably seen me in Awareness Through Performance, and I am also apart of FIERCE which is a queer group dedicated to people of color.

Jasmin: Very cool! What’s your favorite thing about UW-La Crosse?

B: The Office of Multicultural Student Services; that is where I see people that look like me. That’s where my family is and where I can be myself. 

Jasmin: I agree completely. What are some of your favorite things to do?

B: Talk. I like to listen to music, have life chats, and be petty. I also really enjoy Twitter and organizing to dismantle systems of injustices. 

Jasmin: Do you have a favorite type of music or artist you listen too?

B: Right now I’m really messin’ with Mick Jenkins, heavily, and of course Beyonce.

Jasmin: So, if you could do anything in the world as a career, what would it be?

B: I would be a cool a** comedian. 

Jasmin: What does your ideal day off look like? 

B: Catching up with people that are most important to me, talking (well I guess that is apart of catching up)—but most definitely sleeping.

Jasmin: How do you feel about the Drake & Meek Mill beef?

B: I feel like Meek taking hella L’s and it needs to stop.

Jasmin: Did you watch the superbowl this past Sunday?

B: Yes!

Jasmin: How did you feel about the half-time performance?

B: It snatched my hairline back; all my edges is gone. Beyonce, yes honey, yes! 

Thanks so much for the interview B! Ya’ll make sure you say “hey” to Bevie Jay when you see her in the halls!