Meet Sarah Mueller: Co-President of Her Campus UW Lax Chapter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Meet Sarah Mueller

Year in School?

Sophomore

Hometown?

Appleton, WI

Major/Minor?

Organizational and Professional Communications and Professional Writing

Hobbies?

I’ve always enjoyed writing every since I was a kid. I also love to run, play tennis, and do yoga.

What do you plan to do after graduation?

Ever since I was a little kid I’ve always had this dream to move to Chicago, so that would be the ultimate goal. But right after graduation I think I would like to spend some time working in another country to figure things out. My main goal in life is honestly just to be happy with myself and make sure I’m doing what I can to help out the planet and other people.

What got you into Her Campus?

I found out about Her Campus the summer before my freshman year. It seemed like an awesome opportunity and I thought it would be a good way to meet people right away in the beginning of the year.

What have you learned from being apart of Her Campus?

Juggling school, a job, and running a club has not been the easiest to say the least, but it has definitely taught me time management skills. I’ve learned more leadership skills that I would not have developed had I not become one of the CCs of our chapter. Being apart of Her Campus has also really made me realize how passionate I am about writing, and I think had I not joined I don’t think I would be minoring in writing.

How do you think being apart of Her Campus will benefit you in the Future?

I mentioned that it has taught me time management skills and more leadership skills. With that I’ve also had a lot of experience with marketing with the club, along with running a website, and planning events which I think are some pretty good professional skills to have.

What do you like to do outside of clubs and school?

When I’m not doing Her Campus stuff or working or studying, I’m usually hanging out with my friends and I really like to travel around as much as I can. I also write for my own personal blog, everythingsarahirene.com.

What is a quote you like to live by?

“Be authentic. Speak sincerely. Listen thoughtfully. Act compassionately and love. Always love. What we bring to life becomes our life.”

What kind of advice would you like to give to other students?

If I could give advice to anyone I would say to figure out what you’re passionate about and love to do because that’s when you’re going to be truly happy with yourself and your life. Just do what makes you happy and don’t take life to seriously! Have fun!

What are your plans for winter break?

I don’t have too many plans except for spending times with friends and family and traveling around when I can.

What is your favorite song right now?

My taste in music is so random and so over the place! Right now I’m loving “Beaches” by Gone in the Sun, “Jackie and Wilson” by Hozier, and “Starboy” by the Weeknd. 

Sophomore at UW La Crosse majoring in Biomedical Sciences
Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller