This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Dear Freshman self,

You’re probably doing rougher than you think right now, but I promise you’ll be ok if you just stick it out. Here are some general tips as you enter the end of your freshman year.

Don’t worry about your roommate and shrug off boy problems. Exciting news: you will meet an amazing guy at UWL (dump who you are currently seeing when you leave UWM, he will be a life-long friend, and he too will meet someone perfect for himself), then once you make it to your second semester of your sophomore year, you will have already made some life-long friends that will keeping adding up. It definitely wasn’t the best idea to enter the Education major path, but enjoy it while you can because the classes are incredibly easy (hint: look into Communication Studies). Also, don’t except that work-study program at UWL unless it’s on-campus… it will save you way more time and money than you think. Have fun this summer while you can! DO NOT except that Deli Clerk position even though it will pay you more than Panera Bread. The employees at Panera Bread are INCREDIBLE and you will have way more fun with way less stress. However, prepare for heartbreak and tears being shed this summer for non-school or friend-related reasons… everything will be ok.

If you’re wondering what your future self is up to now… you’re working a desk job part-time making bank. You’re about to successfully graduate this May and currently looking for not only a full-time job, but a place to live with your caring boyfriend. You may not be quite where you excepted to be when you first entered college, but you’re much happier with life right now. You regret not choosing a different minor than psychology or sociology like you thought would be best (trust me, you will end up taking winter and summer courses either way, so you have a lot of time to enter a different minor that you’re unsure about, so go for it. Maybe look into public health or public administration… those sound interesting in January 2018). Stay motivated, don’t stop looking for internships, classes at UWL are way more difficult, but everything will pay off in the long run.

P.S. Try your best to keep running, haha! You’re really out of shape right now even though you practice yoga every day. Motivation: your future boyfriend probably can outrun you right now, and he too will need motivation to continue running.

Much love,

Your future self

Breanna is a Professional Communication Studies Student with a Sociology minor at UW-La Crosse. Some of her favorite hobbies are growing plants, doing yoga, and keeping up with being organized. Breanna is excited to be a part of Her Campus to help bring all women together more by sharing her thoughts and stories to the community, and to just make more friends. She hopes that many will appriciate her articles on lifestyle experiences to relationship advice.