person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

If Instagram Told the Truth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Your Instagram, like many others (including my own), probably includes some highly edited selfies, posed pictures with friends, and pictures that make your life look like it’s super great. However in reality your life and my life, is not what it seems to be, according to Instagram. For the most part, the pictures a person chooses to put on Instagram always shows them in a very positive light, usually so they get a lot of likes from others. If Instagram told the truth, would you always have your makeup perfectly done? Would you and your boyfriend always look so in love? Would you always look so happy? The answer is no. Instagram shows only the good parts of a person’s life and only the parts they want you to see. When you are Instagram stalking that gorgeous Insta famous girl and wishing you were her, remember that her life on Instagram, just like yours isn’t as great as it seems. Wishing you looked like someone else or lived someone else’s life is pointless because not only does it make you think less of yourself but it is also just so far from reality. No one lives the perfect life you see on their Instagram. Love yourself and keep in mind that not everything you see on social media is what it may seem.