10 Reasons You Know You’re Becoming A College “Mom”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

1.) You prep the night before 

You can NEVER go to bed without your clothes laid out, coffee maker ready to go, and breakfast all made up for you. Routined mornings help you stress less about the little things—and allows you a few extra minutes to snuggle in bed.

2.) You’re head bobbing five minutes into the movie

You suggest a movie to everyone and barely make it through twenty minutes. The best part? You deny dozing off and celebrate when you finally make it to your bed.

3.) The joy of doing absolutely nothing makes you so happy you could cry

You’re so busy throughout the week that when all your friends make crazy plans for the weekend, you’re perfectly content curled up in your bed watching your new favorite Netflix series. 

4.) Your planner is your best friend, and to-do lists are you second

The inside of your planner resembles the blueprints for the White House—-detailed, very detailed…

5.) All your Christmas/Birthday lists consists of applicances, tools, and money (for the electricity bills, car insurance, gas, etc.)

You want to hate that your lists have gotten to this point, but you also can’t help but hope for that new crockpot or juicer.

6.) Your favorite part of the week (besides the lazy weekend) is laundry/chore day

You get super happy as you watch the to-do list get shorter and the house get cleaner. You find it to be a good stress reliever and even more so, helps you feel like a real adult (whatever that means).

7.) You actually save people’s addresses 

After you get a letter in the mail, you always tear it off or write it down. Who knows when they’ll come in handy?

8.) Your Pinterest Board gets more action than you do

You’ve actually had people compliment you on how well organized your Pinterest was—categories clearly labeled and pretty board album pictures.

9.) You write out your grocery list

You haven’t decided if it’s you being smart, attraction to the effeciency, or your tendency to forget. Maybe all of them—-maybe none of them, however you love coloring coordinating and drawing little pictures of the food next to the items.

10.) You tell your friends to text you when they’ve made it home okay, research/treat their symptoms on WedMD regardless of what you find, and order water for them during a night of drinking.

You care the world about your friends and have high expectations for them. You will not let them settle for anything less.