This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Stuck at home during spring break?? Yeah, yeah, it might not sound that thrilling but maybe you can make the best of it. You might be away from college, your friends, and easy access to socialization but make being home fun… it actually IS possible. Here are some ideas so you don’t fall into the boring-home slump.

1.   Have your own Cupcake Wars

Before you lay in bed for Netflix all day, take your laptop to your kitchen, turn on Cupcake Wars and get some cupcake ingredients ready. While watching Cupcake Wars, make your own cupcakes and have your own cupcake war…and when you’re done have a cupcake party! Cause why not- you’ve got cupcakes and I bet they’re delicious! Don’t like cupcakes? Have yourself your own Great British Bakeoff or Chopped episode.

2.     Take a roadtrip or go on an adventure, even just for a day

Ever wonder what was in the town next you? Go explore it! Close to another state? Check it out! You’ll be amazed at all the little shops, cafes and amazing restaurants you’ll be able to find. Or go out and get some fresh air. Go back to that park you grew up in or to a new one you have yet to discover…Take a friend and it will always be an adventure.

3.      Buzzfeed recipes and do-it-yourself projects

If you’re like me you might find yourself often looking at Buzzfeed before bed, feeling inspired, but sadly it is just before you close your eyes. On Buzzfeed there is a massive amount of articles regarding “easy, delicious recipes” and “fun projects”. Now that you have time, try them, whether they be alcohol related (I suggest going back and finding the holiday themed shots), food, or arts and crafts related.

4.     Try something new- learn a language, play an instrument

Today it’s easier than ever to learn a new language online. So why not do it! Find a language you want to learn and learn it…then use it as an excuse to visit that country. Maybe you’ve always wanted to be musically talented but have never had the time? Try out a new instrument today! Some places will even loan out instruments for the week for use.

5.      Looking to do some good?  See volunteer options in your community, you may be surprised

At home I actually had a lot of fun with the volunteer opportunities I found within my community. The soup kitchen and senior center can actually make for quite an exciting afternoon…who knew old people could be so funny?

6.     Actually clean your room? Maybe? It’ll feel good, I promise!

Finally do it. Tackle your closet. Get rid of the pile of who-knows-what in the corner of your room. Spend an afternoon going through things; not only will you feel de-cluttered afterwards, but if you’re like me (who tends to keep nearly everything) you may have a few nostalgic moments, but not tears, please.

7.     Create a bucket list and start to tackle it

In my head I have a mental list of everything I want to see, eat, and do. Yet I have never written these aspirations down. If you are the same way, make a bucket list- pen to paper. By doing this there is a higher chance you will begin checking things off and make your dreams come true. Spring break is a week, start to have at it and cross off a thing or two.