Rock Your Style With Some Red Lipstick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

There’s something so empowering about that little tube of cosmetic wonder that gets thrown around your purse all day. It’s classy, sassy, elegant AND rebellious at the same time. Some see it as a statement piece, other’s see it as a weapon of mass destruction for their look. Me? I see it as a beauty basic; more of a little pep in your style step.

Lets be honest though, I can’t say that it’s always been a best friend of mine. Throughout my experience with red lipstick (plenty of awful ones to amount to the really awesome ones), I’ve learned that you have to treat it with respect. Rule of thumb: ALWAYS find balance between your look before rocking one of the many shades of red.

And that, my beautiful friends, is what I’m here to help you with! I’ve considered some of my favorite looks to give you a masterpiece of ideas that you can use to integrate it into your look. Also, they’re totally doable in Vermont’s bipolar seasons– brownie points! So no fear, Her Campus UVM is here!

With That Chunky Sweater That You Wear At Least Once a Week

We all have that cute outfit that makes us absolutely melt everytime we throw it on because it’s just so comfortable. Add some versatility to your look with a little touch of red on your lips and you’ve easily got yourself a cute date outfit or a perfect “Girls Day Out” look.

With Your Cutest Glasses

If any fellow four-eyes are out there reading this, hopefully you’ll agree with me when I say that eye makeup is a tricky, tricky thing. Rather than spending too much time applying shadow that doesn’t battle with your the look of your spectacles, throw on some red lipstick. They balance eachother out and make a bold (yet seemingly effortless) statement.

With Your Professional Wear

I don’t know about you but when I throw on the Beyonce Pandora and a layer of MAC’s red hot lipstick, I feel like I can take on the world. Let it be your little confidence booster for a presentation, when you need it the most, and pair it with your business-casual ensemble. WARNING: Keep the accessories on the minimal and let your lips be your statement piece.

With Your Little Black Dress

The LBD is an essential to every woman’s wardrobe. If you’re in a rut and don’t know what to wear, snag your LBD and dress it up with some outside accessories — or some hot red lipstick.

There’s an endless amount of outfit possibilties that a little red lipstick can help add to. So next time you walk by Macys or Mac, walk in and ask for some help to find your perfect shade to share the love!