Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Features

Meet Your New Officers!

By Rachel Polansky, Sydney Kaplan, Abby Cole
August 28, 2014 - 3:56pm

Welcome to Her Campus UVM! I’m Rachel Polansky and I’ll be the Editor in Chief/Campus Correspondent for the next two years. I started writing for Her Campus UVM second semester freshman year, but had always been an avid reader in high school. I’m a psychology major and a film/television studies minor. In addition to Her Campus, I’m a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and I write a beauty blog *insert shameless plug* makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com. My favorite part about Her Campus so far is encouraging others to write and pursue opportunities they might not have otherwise. After I graduate, I hope to move to San Francisco and puruse a career working in marketing for the beauty industry. READ MORE

Make the Most Out of Finals Week

By Abby Cole
April 30, 2014 - 3:05pm

Finals week can be a stressful time. Between coffee stains and piles of books and assignments it can feel impossible to wrap up anything else with your time on campus when you still have five pages to fill of a research paper. Then it’s the end of the week and friends are leaving left and right and it is easy to feel rushed and unsettled as the sort of whirlwind week goes on. Here are some ways to expand your identity from beyond the library and may even help you leave campus feeling more centered after a taxing week.  READ MORE

UVM Gym Protocol

By Kelcie Morris
April 11, 2014 - 1:50pm

There’s nothing like blowing off steam at the gym after a long day filled with classes, papers and professors useless busywork. You expect to go there relax and not feel bad about yourself because hey you’re the one there working out right? Well let me tell you, there’s no greater buzz kill to what you expected to be your relaxing safe haven than “that guy.” You all know who I’m talking about and you’ve probably been him at some point in the countless hours you put in at the gym...obviously! Moral of the story is whatever you do DON’T be that guy, and to be sure that you never will be follow these simple rules of UVM gym etiquette. READ MORE

Her Campus Spring Break Survival Kit

By Marissa Villegas, Ellen Reinhardt
March 21, 2014 - 10:52am

Nothing wins our hearts over quiet like a care package full of goodies to overindulge in! Thanks to Her Campus and their partners, we were able to try out a good amount of awesome products that keep us feeling (and looking) great every day! From filtered water bottles, to a new drink to help you sleep, we tried them all so you can love them as much as we did! READ MORE

HC UVM's Dos and Dont's of Living With Your Friends

By Rachel Polansky
March 15, 2014 - 5:00pm

What would we do without our friends? We love them, we hate them, and sometimes, we live with them. There are definitely some dos and dont's when living with your friends, so read on if you’re shacking up with your besties next year! READ MORE

HCUVM's Words of Wisdom: Establish YOUR Voice

By Marissa Villegas
February 26, 2014 - 8:44pm

Do we have a voice for our generation? It's a question that has an insane amount of responses and a whole boat-load of controversy. I mean, come on... it's difficult to pin-point it since our pop-culture is overwhelmed with a number of celebrities being caught in too many dirty situations. Who wants to see another celeb divorce, eating disorder or drug scandal. With that being said, who even qualifies to be THE voice of our youth and why does it even matter? READ MORE

Laverne Cox Dazzles UVM's Students

By Marissa Villegas
February 22, 2014 - 8:31pm

I can't even begin the amount of afternoons that I've spent binging on Netflix's Orange is the New Black. And to clear the air, I have zero regrets on doing so. The show has a multitude of diverse characters that bring their bad-a** personalities and rugged histories together to make create amazing, incarcerating experience (no pun intended). I'm also sure that many of you can agree with me on the addictive quality of the show; June 6th is already marked on my calendar for their new season. With all of the characters to fall in love with, I fell in love with Sophia Burset, played by Laverne Cox, who is the prison's devious stylist. What makes for an even more interesting aspect of the show is the fact that she is the only transgendered character to be...

Valentine’s Day Mocktails

By Caila Harte
February 14, 2014 - 9:55am

Valentines Day can be a day full of fun or it can be a total drag. Whether you’re single or not, pressure from friends, expectations and all the hype can completely put a damper on the day. Make sure this Valentines Day is one to remember by trying some of these holiday themed mocktails with the girls, your date, or even for a party! Bubbly Love Potion For those of you who are looking for love this Valentines Day look no further than the Bubbly Love Potion! This sweet treat is great for a desert drink or perfect for the punch bowl at a party! READ MORE

Snag Some Local Deals with Localvore Today

By Marissa Villegas
February 7, 2014 - 6:29pm

Vermont certainly prides self on buying local and that's exactly what makes Localvore Today, an e-commerce hub for money-saving offers, feel right at home. Founder and CEO Dan White moved to Vermont two years ago after working for industry pioneer Groupon to create a more sustainable approach for e-commerce marketplaces. After partnering with Michael, a website builder and digital marketer who moved to the area when his van broke down in the state, the company was born. READ MORE

Yum! Thanksgiving Recipes from Pinterest

By Marissa Villegas
November 23, 2013 - 6:39pm

I hope everyone is preparing themselves for the annual self-induced food coma, because Thanksgiving is just around the corner!  Every year, my family makes the same dishes, typically involving an overload of sweet potatoes, stuffing, and (surprisingly enough) marshmellows. So this year, as I find myself getting closer and closer to being an actual adult, I plan to expand my palate and try a new few dishes. With that being said, I did just what any lost and confused person would do: endlessly searched through Pinterest. I've included some of my favorite recipes that I found, all of which stay far away from marshmellows and canned cranberry sauce, and take an alternative route for Thanksgiving. You're welcome, enjoy, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!...