My Life is GrUV: Fun and Easy Group Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Scrambling for a costume idea in these last few days before Halloween? Grab some friends and DIY one of these great group costumes!

1.     Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: All you need is a green dress, knee socks, and some colored fabric strips. Don’t forget the theme song!

2.     Pop Stars: This year has been filled with a ton of memorable performances. Iggy Azalea, Lorde, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift were all newsworthy celebs this year. For this costume all you have to do pick your favorite pop star of 2014 and dress like them for the night!

3.     Mean Girls: It’s been ten years since this movie came out, and it is still as relevant as ever. Pick one of the iconic looks from the movie, like the one on the DVD’s cover, the Jingle Bell rock outfits, or even steal their Halloween looks, and dress up with clothes straight from your closet!

4. Scooby Doo’s Crew: All you need to ace this costume is a friend willing to go out in a Scooby Doo onesie. The rest of the costumes are nice and easy.

5. Powerpuff Girls: There is nothing like a throwback costume, and the Powerpuff girls may be the best throwback of all. All you need to dress like them is a pink, blue, and                     green outfit, along with each girl’s hairstyle. Make sure to get into character too to make the look even more believable!

6. Harry Potter: Just like Mean Girls, Harry Potter costumes will always be a good idea. For this one just wear collared shirts under sweaters with skirts and knee socks. Make sure you have a robe and wear some school colors for authenticity! And don’t forget your wand, of course!

7. Rocky Horror Picture Show: What better way to celebrate Halloween then by going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show? Many people who go dress up anyways, so this is a great way to get in on the action, even if it’s your first time going!

Currently a Sophomore at the University of Vermont studying Dietetics, Nutrition and Food Science, with a minor in Spanish.