LL Bean Opens in Burlington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

A lot of things remind me of my childhood, but nothing brings me back to the first day of fourth grade quite like the sight of a freshly monogrammed L.L. Bean backpack. Of course for Christmas that year I insisted on receiving a lime green duffle bag featuring my initials as well. While color preferences may change over the years, the relevance of L.L. Bean has not. Whether you recognize them around campus for the hundreds of Bean boots, or prefer to shop for their time tested outdoor gear, there’s no denying L.L. Bean really has it all.

Last weekend our new shop on Cherry Street opened into an 18,000 square foot area of previously old office space located in the downtown mall, but also features it’s of street side entrance. Many are excited to enliven the Cherry Street area and bring more bustle to what before only lead to the parking garage. The store employs about one hundred people. L.L. Bean says they chose Burlington for it’s newest location for the number or catalog subscribers here, as well as the amount of online purchases from our area. Of course we have no shortage of outdoor enthusiasts here in Burlington and our surrounding area.

Church Street Market Place is very excited to have landed L.L. Bean as it will bring even more business into town. I heard from a few people who went on opening day it was almost too crowded to even make it inside, so things are off to a great start. If you’re looking for a place to grab some new winter gear as the first snows are beginning to fall you might as well go check out our newest addition downtown for all they have to offer!

Junior at the University of Vermont