I Heart Female Orgasm Comes to UVM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

On September 14, the I (Heart) Female Orgasm show was brought back by popularity. If you missed out on hearing about the big-o, then you’re in luck for some helpful tips. Sex educators, Marshall Miller and Rachel Dart, talked about health, sex, orgasms, and more. Although this was a night about entertainment and fun, they did make it known that yes it is a fun subject, but also it’s important to be informed for health reasons.

To recap, Rachel discussed her story of how she was a lesbian in high school and college and that halfway through her freshman year of college she had her first orgasm. As she told her experiences and stories the audience laughed with entertainment. Rachel and Marshall made it very clear, in a short but serious statement that their program was inclusive for everyone and not just directed to females. This event used to just be for females until Rachel explained that guys would try to sneak into the event and seemed interested in it. So this made the event inclusive so that anyone could go, including couples that wanted to spice up their sex life and learn more about orgasms.

Midway through the show, Rachel and Marshall separated the crowd by groups to talk. The crowd was separated into groups of females, males, or those who chose to not identify their gender. I stayed in the female group and we talked about what helps women have orgasms. Here is the list the women came up with:

-Vibrators

-Self-exploration

-Relaxing

-Socks

-Foreplay

-Pillow positioning

-Girl talk

-Masturbation

The clitoris along with oral sex was discussed a lot, along with hilarious puns and stories from Marshall and Rachel. They even told the crowd that the woman’s clitoris is designed for pleasure. Along with a huge list of topics, the arousal cycle, body image, communication, and kegles were talked about. To sum up this interesting and entertaining show are tips from the experts themselves Marshall and Rachel for having an orgasm.

-So you want to have an orgasm?

1. Start by yourself

2. Befriend your body

3. Befriend your vulva

4. Touch yourself experimentally. No goal!

5. Keep touching everyday. Experience whatever happens. Don’t give up!

6. Try some good vibrations

7. Use fantasy

All in all this show was extremely funny, but also very informative and helpful. If they are back next year to talk about the big-o, I recommend you see them. It will be well worth your time, trust me!