This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Name: Connor Luong

Year: Junior

Originally From: Brooklyn, New York

Major:  English, with a Poetry Concentration

Relationship Status: Single

College Life

What is your campus involvement?

President of the Asian American Student Union, Building Manager at the Davis Center, Part time DJ (kinda)

Why did you choose your major?

I’ve always loved to write. Poetry has always been something that I kept dear to me as a hobby. But given the opportunity to major in it and pursue it as my focus in school, I didn’t hesitate.

Best study spot on campus?

My apartment, probably.

Weirdest thing you’ve encountered at UVM?

Saw someone hop onto the conveyor belt that you put the dirty dishes on at the Grundle and tried to ride it into the back.

Favorite thing to do on the weekends?

Go to Montreal. It’s the closest thing we have to NYC around here. I like to dance :P.

What is your favorite hobby?

Writing or drawing.

What is something you have done in your life you are most proud of? Overcoming my fear of heights by going cliff diving.

Fun Facts

Favorite movie?

Kevin Hart – Let Me Explain

Favorite TV show?

Game of Thrones

Are you also a flannel fanatic like most at UVM?

I do own a couple flannels but I definitely wouldn’t consider myself as a fanatic.

Biggest pet peeve?

When someone chews with his/her mouth open really loudly.

Favorite season?

Early autumn

Top 3 most played songs on your iPod?

All Me – Drake, Family Affair- Mary J. Blidge, Hoy Lo Siento (feat. Tony Dize) – Zion & Lennox

What is one strange thing about yourself that most people would never guess?

I’m really afraid of having sharp foods stab my gums. I have to eat Doritos really slowly.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Green Lantern’s power. To be a good Green Lantern guardian you have to be creative, and imaginative, and I can create anything I want.

You’re stranded on a dessert island and can only bring 3 items. What do you bring?

Unlimited supply of Cinnabon Cinnabuns, Mila Kunis, and all the videogames in the world. The last one’s probably cheating

What’s the craziest thing you’ve done this summer?

Accidentally rode a bicycle off of a small bridge in New Orleans.

What’s your hidden talent?

I can play the harmonica pretty well. I took lessons for a couple years.

Nick name?

ConCon

Love Life

What would be the perfect first date?

Probably something simple, going to dinner at Peter Lugers steak house in New York (my favorite restaurant). Then somehow getting back to Vermont in time to go to the overlook on spear street and stargaze. But a perfect first date definitely depends on the person I’m with.

Biggest turn-on?

Easy to talk to, I love it when I can have a good time talking with someone without trying, when I don’t have to think about things to talk about we can just talk effortlessly and I still can have a good time. When someone finds the good in the little things so they can talk about a lot of things with enthusiasm.

Biggest turn-off?

Picky Eaters. Food is a big part of my life.

Sweetest thing you’ve ever done for a girl/boy?

When my friend’s father passed away she was completely torn apart. I brought her to a pier in Brooklyn that is right on the Hudson river, you can see the skyline of New York and the Statue of Liberty from there. It was night so everything was lit up. And I just sat there with her. I stayed with her all night on that pier, and did my best to convince her that love was one of the few things that could help. Surrounding yourself with the people who love and care for you is one of the only ways to remember what life is like without the pain.

Who’s your celeb crush?

It’s a tie between Mila Kunis and Jennifer Lawrence.

Any tips for the single kids on campus?

Being kind to the best of your ability. I try to believe in the power of kindness and how far that can take someone. Obviously you can never be kind all the time, but those moments of genuine, selfless, unadulterated kindness can really impact someone positively.