Challah for Hunger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

What’s your club’s mission? 

Our club’s mission is to bring students together, including those who do not practice Judaism, together in order to bake a difference for two non-profit organizations.

Why did you decide to form the club?

Myself and Tali, who graduated last spring, brought Challah for Hunger to campus because we wanted to bring students together with a variety of backgrounds and make a difference in our local community. We bake and sell challah to donate the profits to MAZON and Hunger Free VT. We feel especially connected to Hunger Free VT because they are making difference in our Burlington community and across the state of Vermont.

How are you involved with Hillel and the Burlington Community?

We work with Hillel in order to reach out to our Jewish community whether that be on campus or off campus. Hillel has supported our chapter from the very beginning and we couldn’t be more grateful for their time and advisement throughout the past 2 years. 

How can a new member join or help out?

A new member can feel free to email vermont@challahforhunger.org OR be in contact with myself or Adina Trager. We would love to see new faces at baking every Wednesday or meet with you to discuss our mission as a Challah for Hunger chapter at the University of Vermont.