Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Celebrities

Kylie Fitch: Red Bull Challenge Winners

By Kelley Wheaton
April 2, 2014 - 8:10pm

We got a chance to interview a member winning team for Red Bull's Can You Make It? Challenge, UVM's very own Kylie Fitch. Her team, Quirky Ky and the Terrible Two, won a trip to Europe using Redbull as their currency. You can check out their awesome video along with their detailed interview below. READ MORE

Tiffani Hemcher

By Marissa Villegas
March 20, 2014 - 10:59pm

READ MORE

Rowan Hayes

By Marissa Villegas
February 22, 2014 - 7:06pm

We love a great female role model on campus, especially one that rocks it on the University of Vermont's ice rink. Rowan Hayes, a sophomore at UVM, brings good vibes and devotion to UVM's Women's Club Hockey team. He personality is one to celebrate as a fellow student, a team mate and a woman of our generation. Check out her reflection on her life on and off the rink below!   Explain your position on the club hockey team. This is my second year playing center forward. How much experience have you had playing hockey. READ MORE

Lauren Giery

By Rachel Polansky
February 7, 2014 - 7:36pm

I may be just a little biased because she’s the current President of my sorority, but Lauren Giery is an absolutely amazing woman and excellent leader. I was able to catch up with her and get some of her tips on how she does such an incredible job and manages a prestigious position. Describe some past experiences that prepared you to transition into the President of your sorority. READ MORE

Hannah Hutton

By Sydney Kaplan
January 16, 2014 - 1:32pm

The future can be daunting. Though there is no true way of completely eliminating this sinking feeling/depression/total denial of the real world/disoriented post-grad state (or whatever you want to call it) we can seek advice to ease the transition! I caught up with Hannah Hutton, a UVM ’12 alum, who is doing it big working for The Honest Company (founded by Jessica Alba, how cool?) in Los Angeles. Read her story for some powerful inspiration, as well as some laughs! Describe your first job and how it helped you get to where you are today. READ MORE

Joseph Oteng

By Rachel Polansky
November 9, 2013 - 4:47pm

What are some of your responsibilities as President of IRA? READ MORE

Dana Knopp

By Sydney Kaplan
November 2, 2013 - 9:07pm

As University of Vermont students, we know electronic music. Representing all us music enthusiasts is Dana Knopp—or less formally, DJ DK. We got a behind the scenes look at her passion for DJing, as well as what goes into the process. Take a look for yourself at what DJing is like for a female in Burlington! How did you get into DJing? READ MORE

Marissa Massimore

By Kelley Wheaton
October 26, 2013 - 7:04pm

Have you ever wondered why UVM doesn’t do a dance marathon like other state schools like Penn State, or University of Maryland? Senior Marissa Massimore is bringing the first ever dance marathon to UVM’s campus next semester. The money from this event will go to the B+ (B Positive) Foundation, an organization that funds childhood research and care for families. Marissa’s inspiration and dedication to this event and cause is something huge. She shows that it only takes one person to make such an impact on campus! What is the B+ Foundation? READ MORE

UVM Top Cats

By Molly Philbin
October 12, 2013 - 8:18pm

UVM might be known for its hockey team, but we also take a cappella just as seriously. READ MORE

Orchesis Dance Company

By Sydney Kaplan
September 26, 2013 - 12:44am

I was able to sit down with the co-presidents (Laura Gordon and Carolyn McCarthy) of the perhaps underrated UVM Orchesis Dance Company and was fortunate enough to have them answer a few questions for me. Through their answers, it becomes clear just how much effort and soul is put into their work. Even though I have a slightly biased view as a member of Orchesis myself, Laura and Carolyn prove that this organization is something to be talked about. Give us some background on Orchesis. READ MORE