Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Celebrities

Campus Celebrity: Jessie Shubrook

By Torey Beavin
October 28, 2014 - 6:19pm

This week’s celebrity is senior Jessie Shubrook, who is the current president of Tri Delta. Jessie is a wonderful role model and president, and below she discusses her future, UVM, being president, and time management. Torey: Tell me a little bit about yourself. Jessie: I’m from Ohio but my family is moving back to California this Christmas so no more cold weather for me! I danced up until college and still love to when I can, it’s definitely the thing I miss most from high school. And when I grow up I want to be a federal defense lawyer, preferably in San Francisco.   READ MORE

Sharon Silverman & UVM Hillel

By Rachel Polansky
October 22, 2014 - 10:06am

Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Sharon Silverman and this is my forth year at UVM Hillel. I graduated from Penn State and moved to Burlington a few months after graduation. I love Burlington and my job, I really couldn’t imagine doing anything else. When I’m not working I’m hanging out with friends, catching up on TV eating food and most likely laughing. READ MORE

My Life is GrUV: Five Steps to Branching Out

By Erin Mahoney
September 15, 2014 - 3:23pm

College is the perfect time to try new things and branch out.  Nobody will judge you for trying something different, and at a school as big as UVM, there are plenty of options. Whether you are just starting your freshman year at UVM, or are coming back as an upperclassman, these tips will give you ideas on how to branch out and meet new people! READ MORE

Charlie from Capers

By Mia Finkle
September 11, 2014 - 9:32pm

This week’s Campus Celeb is Charlie, widely known across campus as “The Falafel Guy”. He is a UVM cook working at Capers (a personal Marketplace favorite of mine—especially on Thursdays when Charlie is making his delicious falafels). I sat down with Charlie to get to know the man behind those famous wraps. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Vermont. What are some of your hobbies?  
I collect art/create art (My lady friend, Lori, & I have a glass mosaic studio in our barn) READ MORE

Lexi Hanks & The Ski and Snowboard Club

By Abby Cole
September 7, 2014 - 2:28pm

What year and major are you? Are you from out of state? I am a Senior Political Science major with a minor in Latin American Studies. I am from Gettysburg, PA. When did you join the Ski and Snowboard club and why were you interested? READ MORE

Kylie Fitch: Red Bull Challenge Winners

By Kelley Wheaton
April 2, 2014 - 8:10pm

We got a chance to interview a member winning team for Red Bull's Can You Make It? Challenge, UVM's very own Kylie Fitch. Her team, Quirky Ky and the Terrible Two, won a trip to Europe using Redbull as their currency. You can check out their awesome video along with their detailed interview below. READ MORE

Tiffani Hemcher

By Marissa Villegas
March 20, 2014 - 10:59pm

READ MORE

Rowan Hayes

By Marissa Villegas
February 22, 2014 - 7:06pm

We love a great female role model on campus, especially one that rocks it on the University of Vermont's ice rink. Rowan Hayes, a sophomore at UVM, brings good vibes and devotion to UVM's Women's Club Hockey team. He personality is one to celebrate as a fellow student, a team mate and a woman of our generation. Check out her reflection on her life on and off the rink below!   Explain your position on the club hockey team. This is my second year playing center forward. How much experience have you had playing hockey. READ MORE

Lauren Giery

By Rachel Polansky
February 7, 2014 - 7:36pm

I may be just a little biased because she’s the current President of my sorority, but Lauren Giery is an absolutely amazing woman and excellent leader. I was able to catch up with her and get some of her tips on how she does such an incredible job and manages a prestigious position. Describe some past experiences that prepared you to transition into the President of your sorority. READ MORE

Hannah Hutton

By Sydney Kaplan
January 16, 2014 - 1:32pm

The future can be daunting. Though there is no true way of completely eliminating this sinking feeling/depression/total denial of the real world/disoriented post-grad state (or whatever you want to call it) we can seek advice to ease the transition! I caught up with Hannah Hutton, a UVM ’12 alum, who is doing it big working for The Honest Company (founded by Jessica Alba, how cool?) in Los Angeles. Read her story for some powerful inspiration, as well as some laughs! Describe your first job and how it helped you get to where you are today. READ MORE