Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Blog

The Beauty Closet: Makeup Ideas to Try This Spring

By Rachel Polansky
April 15, 2014 - 1:51pm

It’s officially spring and I am loving the warmer temps, and yes, even those rainy days! Although you can still rock a vampy lip or dark eyes, why not brighten up your look a little with one of these exciting spring ideas?   1. Try colored eyeliner. Whether you add it to the top or bottom, a pop of color in an unexpected place on your eyes is great trend for spring. While everyone else is adding color with their eyeshadow, you can add some turquoise liquid liner in a cat eye. Or try putting some purple on your waterline instead of the usual black. Brands like Stila make great liquid eyeliner, and check out Milani’s Shadow Eyez for fun colored liners. READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Hair Extension How-Tos

By Her Campus Staff
April 8, 2014 - 1:36pm

It may be appropriate to clear the air; yes, the whole concept of hair extensions may seem rather vapid and superficial. However, hair extensions are really fun for a night out, adding volume, and tacking on those extra couple inches because maybe like me, your hair “never grows”. And honestly, at least for myself, I am totally not above doing something so easy that lends me a bit more confidence throughout the day, so I say why not!   READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: Running Tips for Running Haters

By Abby Cole
April 7, 2014 - 5:20pm

I have always envied natural runners, or friends who spontaneously sign up for 10k a week before the run. I have a cousin who has run twelve marathons… TWELVE. Excessive? Maybe I’m just a little jealous. Don’t get me wrong, I’m like most people, I grew up playing sports and was on four different teams throughout high school. Admittedly, none were track or cross-country. Running just for the sake of it has never peaked my interest. However, I think we can all relate to that certain level of fitness where you feel invincible, and it’s always a great feeling. Running can be an awesome way to de-stress and have some personal time. Here are a couple ways to gear up for anyone who needs a push to get out there for a run....

The Beauty Closet: Rachel's March Beauty Favorites

By Rachel Polansky
March 27, 2014 - 2:57pm

Let’s be real, March here at UVM has not been a fun month. Although it’s technically spring, there is still tons of snow on the ground and it definitely feels more like winter. But that hasn’t stopped me from finding some great products to remind you that warmer temps are on the way! 1.    Lorac Lip Luxe 8 Hour Lip Care, $16. Although it doesn’t last for 8 hours, this little wonder comes pretty close. I put it on in the morning and color still remains five hours later, even after eating. There are only about six colors in the range but they’re all beautifully pigmented and you don’t have to keep reapplying. READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Which Concealer Is Right For You?

By Rachel Polansky
March 19, 2014 - 6:34pm

If there’s one makeup item I can’t live without, it’s probably concealer. (And mascara. And lipstick.) But seriously, concealer is a girl’s best friend. It helps cover up any pesky blemishes and conceal those nasty under eye circles if you stayed up too late watching Netflix. Figuring out which one to choose can be a toughie, so I’ve got you covered with some of my favorites. READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: Green St. Patrick's Day Smoothies

By Abby Cole
March 10, 2014 - 8:43pm

I know the idea of drinking spinach isn’t exactly the most enticing thing in the world, despite the claim that “You really can’t taste it”. I was equally skeptical myself. But with the temperatures creeping up, and the beginnings of flowers poking through the ground, it might be time to ditch the bagels and try something new and healthy. And, what better time to experiment than in lieu of St. Patrick’s day approaching, get your green on inside and out. Here are some of our favorites: “Tiffany’s Smoothie” from Healthy Girl's Kitchen READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: Foods to Ditch Post-Spring Break

By Emily Blauvelt
March 10, 2014 - 8:19pm

Indulge a little too much over spring break? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered! Bikini season is just a few months away and the key to a rockin’ bod is eating clean! Re-fuel this week by cutting out these unhealthy foods, and you’ll be well on your way to the summer body you’ve dreamed of -- just remember, 70% diet, 20% gym. So if you hit the gym to get those workouts in too, you’re golden! High Calorie Beverages: Cut out the soda and juice. Fast Food:  READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Drugstore Products Under 12 Dollars

By Rachel Polansky
March 10, 2014 - 5:31pm

I love my high-end makeup from places like Sephora and MAC, but unfortunately my wallet does not. However, there are plenty of amazing products that you can get at the drugstore for under $12. Here are just a few of the many that make my wallet happy. 1.    Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator, $11. You can use this as a primer, in place of foundation, mixed with moisturizer, and so much more. The four different shades give a beautiful dewy glow to your skin without looking too oily. My two favorites are the bare light and pink light shades. READ MORE

My Life is GrUV: Have the Best Staycation Over Spring Break!

By Emily Blauvelt
February 24, 2014 - 6:34pm

Have the Best Staycation Ever this Spring Break Not going anywhere for spring break? No worries! We’ve got you covered. I don’t know about you, but when I hear the words spring break, all I think is goodbye money. But with these ideas, you don’t have to spend a lot. Unless you feel like throwing down for a day of pampering yourself at the spa (which I for one fully support… who doesn’t need a massage right in the middle of spring semester?!), have fun this spring break without breaking the bank! Be a tourist.   READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Rachel's February Beauty Favorites

By Rachel Polansky
February 21, 2014 - 4:40pm

February is a great month because it has Valentine’s Day, my birthday, a three-day weekend, but most importantly new spring collections! This month, I discovered some classic beauty products to add to my favorites, as well as some from the brand new spring collections! READ MORE