Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Blog

Hot & Healthy: The Color Run Comes to Burlington

By Erin Mahoney, Mia Finkle
September 30, 2014 - 9:52am

READ MORE

My Life is GrUV: How to "Beat the Plague" and Avoid Sickness

By Chloe Vickers
September 30, 2014 - 9:48am

With the colder weather approaching, UVM collegiettes would be wise to follow a few simple tips to avoid catching any of the million illnesses that make their way onto college campuses across the country. It’s nearly impossible not to experience a few sick days in your college career as you are sharing a couple campuses, classrooms, dining halls, dorm buildings, and a whole bunch of other nooks and crannies with a couple thousand different people. However, there are steps you can take to keep yourself healthy, and keep yourself going. READ MORE

Beauty Closet: Fall Perfumes Worth Sniffing

By Rachel Polansky
September 25, 2014 - 8:32am

I love fall. It's easily my favorite season with crisp temps (but not so crisp that I have to break out the ol' Eddie Bauer down jacket), the foliage is beautiful, etc. etc. Normally I love sweet and girly scents but in the past year, I've been trying some slightly more sophisticated scents. Here are my four favorites, although I do end up wearing them throughout the entire year.   READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: No Strings Attached

By Chloe Vickers
September 23, 2014 - 10:55pm

Ask people what they think about FWB relationships and it seems like more often than not you’re given an immediate answer of “Ummm…no. Nope. No. Definitely not.” FWB relationships have a notoriously bad reputation for filling people with false hope, shattering feelings, screwing up friendships, and causing a worldwide shortage of tissues. But many of us have been in the situation where we don’t see our friend as just a friend anymore. Maybe you’ve started noticing how their smile gives you butterflies, or how seeing their name pop up on Caller ID makes your heart race a little, and maybe you’ve been getting a little too excited for those once innocent movie nights and platonic cuddle seshes. But at the same time you say to yourself- “Whoa girl. Slow...

Beauty Closet: Fall Fashion Faves

By tbeavin
September 19, 2014 - 2:05pm

The weather is getting cooler -- finally -- and it happened overnight. Burlington went from being a cesspool of heat and sweat to being cool, crisp, and beautiful. Like the vast majority of girls anywhere, proclaiming my love of fall is my favorite thing to do. Apple season is coming, which means loading the healthy fruit with cinnamon and sugar and pretending I have a healthy diet. The leaves are changing so I can scoff at the tourists stopping on I89 to take pictures, but also doing so myself when no one is around. But best of all, the cozy layers of fall fashion are upon us. Here is a list of my favorite fall styling pieces and what to do with them in the transition of cool mornings and warm afternoons....

Hot & Healthy: Working Out Beyond the Gym

By Mia Finkle
September 18, 2014 - 11:42pm

We all have those days when the gym is the last place we want to be. Even the most intense gym warrior gets sick of the same old day to day gym routine. So shake it up and get out of that smelly gym! Here are some things you can do and places you can go. Running/Jogging/Walking READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: The Four Guys You'll Meet In College

By Her Campus UVM Staff
September 11, 2014 - 9:22pm

When I was a freshman, I know that one of the things that I was most excited about for college (besides academics, of course) was meeting new people. This is not uncommon. How many people say, “I’m going to reinvent myself when I get to college. I’m going to try new things, meet new people, and become the me that I want to be.”? Answer: Everyone. And how do we do this? We join clubs, go to parties, and talk to anyone that strikes an interest. Where? Classrooms. Dorms. Parties. Downtown. And one way we do this: by hooking up with anyone and everyone. Even if you think you have a “type,” or a boyfriend, or aren’t even interested, you have probably encountered at least one of the following guys: ...

Hot & Healthy: What to Know Before Getting A Group Fitness Pass

By Jordan LaBonte
September 10, 2014 - 9:58pm

READ MORE

My Life is GrUV First Week of Classes: Expectations vs. Reality

By Abby Cole
September 4, 2014 - 2:48pm

We all have big plans for the new school year each time it rolls around. It’s easy to think anything from last year is one easy switch away. But let’s be honest, for better or worse, some things just never change.   Expectation: I can’t wait to meet everyone in my class, I mean, new friends right?! I am going to introduce myself to at least three new people. It really can’t be that hard, they’re probably thinking the exact same thing. Reality: I’m sweating. I’m not talking to anyone until I stop sweating.   READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: Are Long Distant Relationships Worth It?

By Emily Blauvelt
September 3, 2014 - 8:30pm

One of the hardest adjustments most college freshmen have to make when they first move away from home is not only leaving their family behind, but leaving behind their boyfriend/girlfriend as well. It’s easy to stay stuck in a honeymoon period of pure bliss with your perfect boyfriend back home. It’s easy to say, “Well we’re going to make it work. I’ll go to his campus one weekend and he’ll come to mine the next.” But the harsh reality is, long distance is really, really hard. READ MORE