Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Blog

Kiss & Tell: The Four Guys You'll Meet In College

By Her Campus UVM Staff
September 11, 2014 - 9:22pm

When I was a freshman, I know that one of the things that I was most excited about for college (besides academics, of course) was meeting new people. This is not uncommon. How many people say, “I’m going to reinvent myself when I get to college. I’m going to try new things, meet new people, and become the me that I want to be.”? Answer: Everyone. And how do we do this? We join clubs, go to parties, and talk to anyone that strikes an interest. Where? Classrooms. Dorms. Parties. Downtown. And one way we do this: by hooking up with anyone and everyone. Even if you think you have a “type,” or a boyfriend, or aren’t even interested, you have probably encountered at least one of the following guys: ...

Hot & Healthy: What to Know Before Getting A Group Fitness Pass

By Jordan LaBonte
September 10, 2014 - 9:58pm

READ MORE

My Life is GrUV First Week of Classes: Expectations vs. Reality

By Abby Cole
September 4, 2014 - 2:48pm

We all have big plans for the new school year each time it rolls around. It’s easy to think anything from last year is one easy switch away. But let’s be honest, for better or worse, some things just never change.   Expectation: I can’t wait to meet everyone in my class, I mean, new friends right?! I am going to introduce myself to at least three new people. It really can’t be that hard, they’re probably thinking the exact same thing. Reality: I’m sweating. I’m not talking to anyone until I stop sweating.   READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: Are Long Distant Relationships Worth It?

By Emily Blauvelt
September 3, 2014 - 8:30pm

One of the hardest adjustments most college freshmen have to make when they first move away from home is not only leaving their family behind, but leaving behind their boyfriend/girlfriend as well. It’s easy to stay stuck in a honeymoon period of pure bliss with your perfect boyfriend back home. It’s easy to say, “Well we’re going to make it work. I’ll go to his campus one weekend and he’ll come to mine the next.” But the harsh reality is, long distance is really, really hard. READ MORE

Hot and Healthy: Fitness Apps to Keep You in Shape This Fall

By Emily Blauvelt
September 1, 2014 - 9:25pm

Fall is just around the corner, and for those of us who go to “cold weather” schools (a.k.a. it’s cold for six months out of the nine month school year), getting outside for a run can seem like the biggest feat in the world. There are plenty of ways to stay in shape throughout the school year though! Freshmen, if you’re worried about gaining the dreaded “Freshman 15”, fear not. We’ve got you covered with the best apps to keep you in tip-top shape all year long! READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Rachel's April Favorites

By Rachel Polansky
April 23, 2014 - 3:23pm

With the end of April, that means the end of classes and almost the end of the school year. It’s crazy to think that another year has ended and while a lot has happened this year, my passion and love for makeup has certainly become full-fleshed throughout this year. I’ve loved writing my Monthly Favorites and other Beauty Closet articles and hope you’ve enjoyed them too. READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Makeup Ideas to Try This Spring

By Rachel Polansky
April 15, 2014 - 1:51pm

It’s officially spring and I am loving the warmer temps, and yes, even those rainy days! Although you can still rock a vampy lip or dark eyes, why not brighten up your look a little with one of these exciting spring ideas?   1. Try colored eyeliner. Whether you add it to the top or bottom, a pop of color in an unexpected place on your eyes is great trend for spring. While everyone else is adding color with their eyeshadow, you can add some turquoise liquid liner in a cat eye. Or try putting some purple on your waterline instead of the usual black. Brands like Stila make great liquid eyeliner, and check out Milani’s Shadow Eyez for fun colored liners. READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Hair Extension How-Tos

By Her Campus Staff
April 8, 2014 - 1:36pm

It may be appropriate to clear the air; yes, the whole concept of hair extensions may seem rather vapid and superficial. However, hair extensions are really fun for a night out, adding volume, and tacking on those extra couple inches because maybe like me, your hair “never grows”. And honestly, at least for myself, I am totally not above doing something so easy that lends me a bit more confidence throughout the day, so I say why not!   READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: Running Tips for Running Haters

By Abby Cole
April 7, 2014 - 5:20pm

I have always envied natural runners, or friends who spontaneously sign up for 10k a week before the run. I have a cousin who has run twelve marathons… TWELVE. Excessive? Maybe I’m just a little jealous. Don’t get me wrong, I’m like most people, I grew up playing sports and was on four different teams throughout high school. Admittedly, none were track or cross-country. Running just for the sake of it has never peaked my interest. However, I think we can all relate to that certain level of fitness where you feel invincible, and it’s always a great feeling. Running can be an awesome way to de-stress and have some personal time. Here are a couple ways to gear up for anyone who needs a push to get out there for a run....

The Beauty Closet: Rachel's March Beauty Favorites

By Rachel Polansky
March 27, 2014 - 2:57pm

Let’s be real, March here at UVM has not been a fun month. Although it’s technically spring, there is still tons of snow on the ground and it definitely feels more like winter. But that hasn’t stopped me from finding some great products to remind you that warmer temps are on the way! READ MORE