Best Places to Eat in Downtown Burlington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

With Springtime (slowly) approaching, many of us will be venturing downtown and by the waterfront more frequently. This winter has been long and exhausting, and the impending warmer weather signifies a light at the end of the tunnel. When you go downtown, you’re probably going to want to take advantage of all of Burlington’s good eats, from diners to sit-down restaurants and everything in between. Here are some of the best around:

Ben & Jerry’s: There’s almost always a lengthy line in this ice cream shop, but it’s always worth it. Located on Church Street, it’s a common destination for both tourists and locals.

Sweetwaters: This American bistro, also located on Church Street, is a family-friendly, sit-down restaurant that serves lunch and dinner daily, with both interior and exterior seating.

Bueno Y Sano: If you find yourself in the mood for Mexican food, this is the place for you. The menu includes burritos, quesadillas, tacos, salads, and more. Also included are some great vegan options. Located on College Street.

Ruben James: This sports bar located on Main Street offers pub food at its finest. The wings are absolutely legendary.

Henry’s Diner: This is, hands down, one of the best diners in all of Vermont. It serves breakfast all day and the food is to-die-for. The corned beef hash is some of the best around, and the milkshakes are amazing. Located on Bank Street.

Gaku Ramen: Located on Church Street, this casual Japanese restaurant serves delicious ramen, rice bowls, and more. There is both inside and outside seating.

Leonardo’s: This pizza place, located on Pearl Street, has the best pizza in Burlington. If you don’t feel like going anywhere, no worries! Leonardo’s has delivery.

Mirabelles: Located on Main Street, this quaint little bakery/cafe offers homemade pastries and sweets, as well as breakfast and lunch options.

Five Guys: In the mood for fast food? Look no further than Five Guys, located on Church Street, which offers delicious burgers, huge portions of fries, milkshakes, and more.

Born in Boston, MA and raised in Plymouth, MA by Patrick and Margaret Conant. Film and Television Studies Major with a Minor in Political Science. Has a dog, a cat, and two guinea pigs back home. Lover of food, memes, and fandoms.
Jenna Toth is a second year student at the University of Vermont, majoring in public communication. Jenna is no stranger to the world of writing-- her grandfather, Owen Canfield, is a former sports writer for the Hartford Courant in Connecticut. She considers him one of her biggest inspirations when it comes to writing. During her downtime, Jenna enjoys long walks to the fridge, playing songs on her ukulele, and cuddling with her black lab, Oliver. If you'd like to read more of Jenna's personal work or learn more about her, check out her social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/jennalouisetoth Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennatoth/ Tumblr: https://jennalouisetoth.tumblr.com/