Style > Beauty

The Beauty Closet: Rachel’s February Beauty Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

February is a great month because it has Valentine’s Day, my birthday, a three-day weekend, but most importantly new spring collections! This month, I discovered some classic beauty products to add to my favorites, as well as some from the brand new spring collections!

1. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, $46. So many people rave about this cult favorite that I decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did. After applying this serum overnight, your skin will become more radiant and dewy looking, as well as basically blemish free. It might seem a bit pricy but I can’t imagine my life without it now (only a slight exaggeration).

2. MAC Mineralize Blush, shown in Petal Power, $25. I’m like a kid in a candy store whenever I go to MAC, and I was so excited about their new Fantasy of Flowers collection. Although this blush originally scared me with how pink it looks, it actually delivers a soft golden glow with just a touch of rose. It’s not super pigmented so can be easily built up depending on your preferences.

3. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, $20. It’s hard to find a concealer that works for undereye concealer and covering up blemishes, but this one does it! There are a bunch of color options to suit any skin tone, and the liquid formula doesn’t cake. The little bottle goes a long way. Also, check out the MAC store on Church St. to grab a free sample.

4. Milani Shadow Eyez Eyeshadow, shown in Champagne Toast, $7. This chubby eyeshadow stick is great not only on the eyelids, but also to use as a highlighter! It really makes your eyes pop and look more awake, plus it really does stay for the whole day.

5. Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss, shown in Beso, $20. Not all lipglosses are created equally. This new line from Urban Decay has the look of a lipgloss with all the moisturizing qualities of a balm, plus the 9 neutral shades can compliment any skin tone. A lot of the shades look pretty similar so you only need to add one or two to your collection.

6. NYC Intense Lip Color, shown in Roosevelt Red, $3. I’ve been a bit skeptical of the NYC brand because I figured something so cheap can’t deliver a great product, but these proved me long! They deliver great pigmentation that is also moisturizing and lasts a few hours. And I just couldn’t resist that cheap price tag.

I love discovering new products on my own but I often get my best recommendations for others! So I want to know some of your favorite beauty products of the month. Either comment below or email me at rpolansky77@gmail.com. If I like your suggestion, your product could be featured in next months column!