Style > Beauty

Beauty Closet: Fall Perfumes Worth Sniffing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

I love fall. It’s easily my favorite season with crisp temps (but not so crisp that I have to break out the ol’ Eddie Bauer down jacket), the foliage is beautiful, etc. etc. Normally I love sweet and girly scents but in the past year, I’ve been trying some slightly more sophisticated scents. Here are my four favorites, although I do end up wearing them throughout the entire year.

1. Prada Candy. So this is definitely sweeter/girlier than the other scents, but still has a sophisticated element to it. Caramel and white musk are the main notes in the fragrance and it’s described as “carefree, sophisticated, sensual” (I mean don’t we all want to be that?). Packaging is always a must for me, and the cool pump on top adds to this fun bottle. A little goes a long way.

2. Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede. I just got this in June and I don’t know how I lived without it. It’s such a unique scent and my favorite perfume. It has the sweetness of apple, peony, and rose but then becomes more unique with the slight addition of musk. It’s incredibly expensive, which is why I went for a smaller bottle, but this will most certainly be a repurchase.

3. See by Chloe. Fleur DeForce , Essiebutton, and Amelia Liana all bought this perfume together so I figured I would love it since all of their recommendations are spot on. Again, this is different from what I normally wear but it was still love at first sniff hehe. It has notes of jasmine, vanilla, and musk and is described as “graceful, feminine, spontaneous” (notice a trend?).

4. YSL Manifesto. Fun fact: this was featured in my first ever Her Campus monthly beauty favorites back in December (before I had this blog) and was my first adventure into more sophisticated scents. Again, it has notes of jasmine and vanilla but is a bit more sensual than See by Chloe. It has great lasting powder so again, a little goes a long way.

This post is also featured on my blog makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com, along with many other makeup reviews and musings!