Style > Beauty

Beauty Closet: 5 Ways to Rock a Puffer Vest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

With fall in the air, now is a great time to break out your puffer vest. Vests are just warm enough for a chilly fall day, but not too warm that you’re sweating on your way to class. Try out these 5 outfit ideas and you can wear your vest everyday of the week!

1.     The usual: The easiest way to rock your puffy vest. Just throw on your favorite t-shirt and add the vest right on top. Bonus points: mix it up with bright colors or patterns in the shirt for a more exciting look.

2.     So fall: Layer your vest over your coziest sweater with jeans and riding boots for the perfect fall outfit.

3.     Comfy: Leggings and a crewneck sweatshirt under your vest get you from bed to class in 5.3 seconds without looking like you just got up. Bonus points: add a hat and you don’t even have to brush your hair!

4.     UVM style: Every good UVM student owns a flannel, and what better way to wear it than with your favorite vest?

5.     Polished: Look like you just stepped out of a J. Crew catalogue by wearing a button up shirt under your vest. Add a statement necklace and classy flats, and you are ready to go. Bonus points: amp up the shirt by making it a chambray one.

Currently a Sophomore at the University of Vermont studying Dietetics, Nutrition and Food Science, with a minor in Spanish.