Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Archives

Hot and Healthy: Fitness Apps to Keep You in Shape This Fall

By Emily Blauvelt
September 1, 2014 - 9:25pm

Fall is just around the corner, and for those of us who go to “cold weather” schools (a.k.a. it’s cold for six months out of the nine month school year), getting outside for a run can seem like the biggest feat in the world. There are plenty of ways to stay in shape throughout the school year though! Freshmen, if you’re worried about gaining the dreaded “Freshman 15”, fear not. We’ve got you covered with the best apps to keep you in tip-top shape all year long! READ MORE

Meet Your New Officers!

By Rachel Polansky, Sydney Kaplan, Abby Cole
August 28, 2014 - 3:56pm

Welcome to Her Campus UVM! I’m Rachel Polansky and I’ll be the Editor in Chief/Campus Correspondent for the next two years. I started writing for Her Campus UVM second semester freshman year, but had always been an avid reader in high school. I’m a psychology major and a film/television studies minor. In addition to Her Campus, I’m a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and I write a beauty blog *insert shameless plug* makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com. My favorite part about Her Campus so far is encouraging others to write and pursue opportunities they might not have otherwise. After I graduate, I hope to move to San Francisco and puruse a career working in marketing for the beauty industry. READ MORE

Make the Most Out of Finals Week

By Abby Cole
April 30, 2014 - 3:05pm

Finals week can be a stressful time. Between coffee stains and piles of books and assignments it can feel impossible to wrap up anything else with your time on campus when you still have five pages to fill of a research paper. Then it’s the end of the week and friends are leaving left and right and it is easy to feel rushed and unsettled as the sort of whirlwind week goes on. Here are some ways to expand your identity from beyond the library and may even help you leave campus feeling more centered after a taxing week.  READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Rachel's April Favorites

By Rachel Polansky
April 23, 2014 - 3:23pm

With the end of April, that means the end of classes and almost the end of the school year. It’s crazy to think that another year has ended and while a lot has happened this year, my passion and love for makeup has certainly become full-fleshed throughout this year. I’ve loved writing my Monthly Favorites and other Beauty Closet articles and hope you’ve enjoyed them too. READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Makeup Ideas to Try This Spring

By Rachel Polansky
April 15, 2014 - 1:51pm

It’s officially spring and I am loving the warmer temps, and yes, even those rainy days! Although you can still rock a vampy lip or dark eyes, why not brighten up your look a little with one of these exciting spring ideas?   1. Try colored eyeliner. Whether you add it to the top or bottom, a pop of color in an unexpected place on your eyes is great trend for spring. While everyone else is adding color with their eyeshadow, you can add some turquoise liquid liner in a cat eye. Or try putting some purple on your waterline instead of the usual black. Brands like Stila make great liquid eyeliner, and check out Milani’s Shadow Eyez for fun colored liners. READ MORE

ECHO Mudfest

By Her Campus UVM Staff
April 11, 2014 - 2:05pm

Slide into spring with this annual celebration of the earth! Explore and play in the mud, and in the process, learn to appreciate the importance mud plays in the environmental health of our region. This year’s MudFest has been expanded from nine to sixteen (16) days, April 12 through 27! Every day, all day at you will enjoy tons of muddy activities, games, an all around family-friendly fun. In the middle of our 16-day MudFest we’ve nestled our popular Muddy Music series starting Saturday April 19 through Tuesday (Earth Day), April 22, showcasing acclaimed Vermont musicians, produced by family-friendly Re-Bop records. 2014 ECHO Earth Weeks’ MudFest highlights: READ MORE

How are you spending your time in the sunshine?

By Her Campus UVM Staff

UVM Gym Protocol

By Kelcie Morris
April 11, 2014 - 1:50pm

There’s nothing like blowing off steam at the gym after a long day filled with classes, papers and professors useless busywork. You expect to go there relax and not feel bad about yourself because hey you’re the one there working out right? Well let me tell you, there’s no greater buzz kill to what you expected to be your relaxing safe haven than “that guy.” You all know who I’m talking about and you’ve probably been him at some point in the countless hours you put in at the gym...obviously! Moral of the story is whatever you do DON’T be that guy, and to be sure that you never will be follow these simple rules of UVM gym etiquette. READ MORE

The Beauty Closet: Hair Extension How-Tos

By Her Campus Staff
April 8, 2014 - 1:36pm

It may be appropriate to clear the air; yes, the whole concept of hair extensions may seem rather vapid and superficial. However, hair extensions are really fun for a night out, adding volume, and tacking on those extra couple inches because maybe like me, your hair “never grows”. And honestly, at least for myself, I am totally not above doing something so easy that lends me a bit more confidence throughout the day, so I say why not!   READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: Running Tips for Running Haters

By Abby Cole
April 7, 2014 - 5:20pm

I have always envied natural runners, or friends who spontaneously sign up for 10k a week before the run. I have a cousin who has run twelve marathons… TWELVE. Excessive? Maybe I’m just a little jealous. Don’t get me wrong, I’m like most people, I grew up playing sports and was on four different teams throughout high school. Admittedly, none were track or cross-country. Running just for the sake of it has never peaked my interest. However, I think we can all relate to that certain level of fitness where you feel invincible, and it’s always a great feeling. Running can be an awesome way to de-stress and have some personal time. Here are a couple ways to gear up for anyone who needs a push to get out there for a run....