Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Archives

Sharon Silverman & UVM Hillel

By Rachel Polansky
October 22, 2014 - 10:06am

Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Sharon Silverman and this is my forth year at UVM Hillel. I graduated from Penn State and moved to Burlington a few months after graduation. I love Burlington and my job, I really couldn’t imagine doing anything else. When I’m not working I’m hanging out with friends, catching up on TV eating food and most likely laughing. READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: Should We Marry Our Soul Mate?

By Sydney Kaplan
October 21, 2014 - 4:40pm

The author of Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert, made an appearance on Oprah to explain why we shouldn’t marry our soul mates.   Here's the HuffPost article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/11/elizabeth-gilbert-soul-mates_n_5961864.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063   To some, this might sound like blasphemy. Isn’t this what we’re all supposed to be searching for? However, if we pull apart some of her main points, it begins to make a lot more sense.  READ MORE

Halloween Costumes That Are More Trick Than Treat

By Chloe Vickers
October 19, 2014 - 5:04pm

READ MORE

Beauty Closet: Halloween Makeup Tutorials

By Chloe Vickers
October 19, 2014 - 4:57pm

When it comes to Halloween, us ladies know that a crucial part to making a basic costume into a badass one that makes everyone turn and stare is some killer makeup. We are guilty of spending hours planning our costumes as though Halloweekend is the most important weekend of our very college lives and although planning the perfect costume can be tricky, mastering the makeup that’s going to pull it together can prove to be the real obstacle. So to make sure your Halloween is filled with more treats than tricks, here are a few makeup tutorials for costumes that are sure to wow everyone out there.   Tinker Bell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkY00kSZTw...

Kiss & Tell: Flirting With TAs: How Far is Too Far?

By haylee.wexler
October 17, 2014 - 2:44pm

During the first week of classes your teacher introduces you to your new TAs (teaching assistants). A hot guy stands up and you immediately begin to crush on him. Weeks later you meet up with him at a party and think, “Should I go for it?” Chances are you both don’t realize he’s your TA. You guys end up hooking up and you try to add him on Facebook. (Side note: when I asked one of my TAs they said they aren’t allowed to accept request from their students. So don’t be upset).   READ MORE

Fall into October

By Sydney Kaplan
October 17, 2014 - 2:16pm

Yet another picture to prove Vermont is the best place to be in the Fall!   READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: How to Get Motivated for the Gym

By Erin Mahoney
October 15, 2014 - 11:50pm

Take a class- This semester I signed up to take “Jogging for Fitness” twice a week to make sure I got to the gym, and it was one of the best ideas I’ve ever had. Not only do I have to get up and go running twice a week, but this class also motivates me to workout other days as well. I even get a credit for it! I am also taking another class through Campus Rec that meets another two days a week, so I have my motivation built right into my class schedule! READ MORE

Pizza and Halloween Content Meeting

By Rachel Polansky
October 15, 2014 - 11:45pm

In addition to discussing Halloween themed content, there will be pizza! Please contact Rachel before meeting if you are interested in getting some. READ MORE

My Life is GrUV: Ride the Yak

By tbeavin
October 15, 2014 - 12:43pm

If you haven’t heard of Yik Yak, the new(ish) app that is sweeping the nation, then you probably live under a rock. Yik Yak is a Twitter-like app, allowing you to post statements anonymously to members of your community. Yik Yak started out, and has continued to be, a college thing. You are even able to check out what other schools are Yakking — Hogwarts, NYU, Jacksonville State — to see where UVM ranks in the humor department. When the Yaks are posted, other Yik Yak users can upvote or downvote them and write anonymous comments. If a Yak gets -5 downvotes, its gone. However, some Yaks deserve snaps on their cleverness, humor, or realness. So here’s the list of the best recent Yaks. READ MORE

My Life is GrUV: Autumn Gems of Vermont

By Chloe Vickers
October 12, 2014 - 2:05pm

It’s no secret that Vermont autumns are one of the most beloved parts of the Green Mountain State. People flock from all over to appreciate the vibrant foliage that decorates the state from September to November. But the foliage isn’t the only thing that Vermont has to offer in the fall. Here’s a list of the gems that Vermont has to offer during this beautiful time of the year. Foliage READ MORE