Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Archives

My Life is GrUV: Five Steps to Branching Out

By Erin Mahoney
September 15, 2014 - 3:23pm

College is the perfect time to try new things and branch out.  Nobody will judge you for trying something different, and at a school as big as UVM, there are plenty of options. Whether you are just starting your freshman year at UVM, or are coming back as an upperclassman, these tips will give you ideas on how to branch out and meet new people! READ MORE

Anderson Koenig

By Chloe Vickers
September 11, 2014 - 9:36pm

Name: Anderson Koenig Year: Junior Hometown: Lincoln, MA Major: Nutrition Relationship Status: Single Campus Life What is the best class you’ve taken at UVM? Jazz guitar. What’s your favorite thing to do in Burlington/Vermont on the weekend? Get out of Burlington and do something outside. Biggest pet peeve of UVM? READ MORE

Charlie from Capers

By Mia Finkle
September 11, 2014 - 9:32pm

This week’s Campus Celeb is Charlie, widely known across campus as “The Falafel Guy”. He is a UVM cook working at Capers (a personal Marketplace favorite of mine—especially on Thursdays when Charlie is making his delicious falafels). I sat down with Charlie to get to know the man behind those famous wraps. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Vermont. What are some of your hobbies?  
I collect art/create art (My lady friend, Lori, & I have a glass mosaic studio in our barn) READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: The Four Guys You'll Meet In College

By Her Campus UVM Staff
September 11, 2014 - 9:22pm

When I was a freshman, I know that one of the things that I was most excited about for college (besides academics, of course) was meeting new people. This is not uncommon. How many people say, “I’m going to reinvent myself when I get to college. I’m going to try new things, meet new people, and become the me that I want to be.”? Answer: Everyone. And how do we do this? We join clubs, go to parties, and talk to anyone that strikes an interest. Where? Classrooms. Dorms. Parties. Downtown. And one way we do this: by hooking up with anyone and everyone. Even if you think you have a “type,” or a boyfriend, or aren’t even interested, you have probably encountered at least one of the following guys: ...

Hot & Healthy: What to Know Before Getting A Group Fitness Pass

By Jordan LaBonte
September 10, 2014 - 9:58pm

READ MORE

Lexi Hanks & The Ski and Snowboard Club

By Abby Cole
September 7, 2014 - 2:28pm

What year and major are you? Are you from out of state? I am a Senior Political Science major with a minor in Latin American Studies. I am from Gettysburg, PA. When did you join the Ski and Snowboard club and why were you interested? READ MORE

Suicide Prevention Week

By Alex Juranich
September 7, 2014 - 1:32pm

Suicide Prevention Week begins on September 7th- September 13th, with World Suicide Prevention Day being on September 10th. Almost everyone in the world has learned about suicide. Most of us have been affected by suicide in some way, shape, or form. This may seem like another boring blog on suicide prevention, but it matters because you never know when suicide will affect your life. Here are some facts about suicide:             READ MORE

My Life is GrUV First Week of Classes: Expectations vs. Reality

By Abby Cole
September 4, 2014 - 2:48pm

We all have big plans for the new school year each time it rolls around. It’s easy to think anything from last year is one easy switch away. But let’s be honest, for better or worse, some things just never change.   Expectation: I can’t wait to meet everyone in my class, I mean, new friends right?! I am going to introduce myself to at least three new people. It really can’t be that hard, they’re probably thinking the exact same thing. Reality: I’m sweating. I’m not talking to anyone until I stop sweating.   READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Jocelyn Harder

By Sydney Kaplan
September 3, 2014 - 8:39pm

Name: Jocelyn Harder Year: Junior Major: Business Administration and minor in Anthropology Relationship Status: Single     *Campus Life* What’s your favorite class you’ve taken so far? Linguistic Anthropology with Emily Manetta Why did you choose to attend UVM? To experience a place completely different than my home state of Florida READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: Are Long Distant Relationships Worth It?

By Emily Blauvelt
September 3, 2014 - 8:30pm

One of the hardest adjustments most college freshmen have to make when they first move away from home is not only leaving their family behind, but leaving behind their boyfriend/girlfriend as well. It’s easy to stay stuck in a honeymoon period of pure bliss with your perfect boyfriend back home. It’s easy to say, “Well we’re going to make it work. I’ll go to his campus one weekend and he’ll come to mine the next.” But the harsh reality is, long distance is really, really hard. READ MORE