Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Archives

Fall Foliage

By Sydney Kaplan
October 1, 2014 - 2:07pm

Fall foliage on a beautiful 80 degree September day? We'll take it.   READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: Love Stories From Abroad

By Sydney Kaplan
October 1, 2014 - 9:38am

Going abroad is no doubt one of the most exciting times in our lives. Aside from the obvious anticipation surrounding a new cultural endeavor/outstanding Instagram opportunities, one more thing also rings extremely inciting: Foreign. Boys. Though we will never actually be Lizzie McGuire in the Lizzie McGuire movie (think skipping class, riding around on a Vespa, dating a famous superstar from Rome), these four girls give us hope that we actually can come pretty close. Take a look at how they navigated their respective love stories from abroad.       READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: The Color Run Comes to Burlington

By Erin Mahoney, Mia Finkle
September 30, 2014 - 9:52am

READ MORE

My Life is GrUV: How to "Beat the Plague" and Avoid Sickness

By Chloe Vickers
September 30, 2014 - 9:48am

With the colder weather approaching, UVM collegiettes would be wise to follow a few simple tips to avoid catching any of the million illnesses that make their way onto college campuses across the country. It’s nearly impossible not to experience a few sick days in your college career as you are sharing a couple campuses, classrooms, dining halls, dorm buildings, and a whole bunch of other nooks and crannies with a couple thousand different people. However, there are steps you can take to keep yourself healthy, and keep yourself going. READ MORE

Sexual Violence: How Campuses are Responding

By Abby Cole
September 30, 2014 - 9:43am

READ MORE

Jenna Nash

By Rachel Polansky
September 29, 2014 - 6:58pm

Name: Jenna Nash   Year: Junior   Major: Environmental Engineering   Hometown: Fairview, PA   Relationship Status: Single         Campus Life Favorite place to study? The Atrium or Billings   Best eats on campus? New World   READ MORE

Fun Giveaways at Meeting

By Rachel Polansky
September 25, 2014 - 9:29am

There will be fun giveaways at this meeting, besides discussing new content, so make sure you check us out! Also there may or may not be pizza :D READ MORE

Beauty Closet: Fall Perfumes Worth Sniffing

By Rachel Polansky
September 25, 2014 - 8:32am

I love fall. It's easily my favorite season with crisp temps (but not so crisp that I have to break out the ol' Eddie Bauer down jacket), the foliage is beautiful, etc. etc. Normally I love sweet and girly scents but in the past year, I've been trying some slightly more sophisticated scents. Here are my four favorites, although I do end up wearing them throughout the entire year.   READ MORE

Kiss & Tell: No Strings Attached

By Chloe Vickers
September 23, 2014 - 10:55pm

Ask people what they think about FWB relationships and it seems like more often than not you’re given an immediate answer of “Ummm…no. Nope. No. Definitely not.” FWB relationships have a notoriously bad reputation for filling people with false hope, shattering feelings, screwing up friendships, and causing a worldwide shortage of tissues. But many of us have been in the situation where we don’t see our friend as just a friend anymore. Maybe you’ve started noticing how their smile gives you butterflies, or how seeing their name pop up on Caller ID makes your heart race a little, and maybe you’ve been getting a little too excited for those once innocent movie nights and platonic cuddle seshes. But at the same time you say to yourself- “Whoa girl. Slow...

Beauty Closet: Fall Fashion Faves

By tbeavin
September 19, 2014 - 2:05pm

The weather is getting cooler -- finally -- and it happened overnight. Burlington went from being a cesspool of heat and sweat to being cool, crisp, and beautiful. Like the vast majority of girls anywhere, proclaiming my love of fall is my favorite thing to do. Apple season is coming, which means loading the healthy fruit with cinnamon and sugar and pretending I have a healthy diet. The leaves are changing so I can scoff at the tourists stopping on I89 to take pictures, but also doing so myself when no one is around. But best of all, the cozy layers of fall fashion are upon us. Here is a list of my favorite fall styling pieces and what to do with them in the transition of cool mornings and warm afternoons....