Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UVM Archives

My Life is GrUV: How to Win in the Game of Life

By Marissa Villegas
October 31, 2014 - 10:34am

You just told your professor that you’d go to her office hours today, got lured into signing up for a new club with some free candy at the student center, made a lunch date with your roommate and still have to find the time to look halfway decent for work.   READ MORE

Ebola: Fact vs. Fiction

By Marissa Villegas
October 31, 2014 - 10:28am

If it isn’t the disease you’ll catch, it’s the wind of Ebola in the media. No matter where you turn, it’s as though you can’t escape the grips of the tantalizing virus. News reports flash left and right, new data pops up every second and another story floods social media. Sadly enough, most of these are in regards to Ebola in America, rather than Africa, and result in fear or disgust. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Shelby Losier

By Sydney Kaplan
October 30, 2014 - 9:35am

Name: Shelby Losier
Year: Junior
Major: Business Administration
Relationship Status: Taken
*Campus Life*
What’s your favorite class you’ve taken so far?
Business Law with Monahan. Why did you choose to attend UVM?
I’m a true Vermonter, I only applied to UVM. I didn’t even tour another school. Favorite part about Burlington?
The sunsets in the summertime on the waterfront. READ MORE

Carry That Weight March

By Haylee Manktelow
October 29, 2014 - 7:09pm

Students protesting sexual violence and raising awarness on campus. READ MORE

My Life is GrUV: Fun and Easy Group Halloween Costumes

By Erin Mahoney
October 29, 2014 - 12:05am

Scrambling for a costume idea in these last few days before Halloween? Grab some friends and DIY one of these great group costumes! 1.     Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: All you need is a green dress, knee socks, and some colored fabric strips. Don’t forget the theme song! 2.     Pop Stars: This year has been filled with a ton of memorable performances. Iggy Azalea, Lorde, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift were all newsworthy celebs this year. For this costume all you have to do pick your favorite pop star of 2014 and dress like them for the night! READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Jessie Shubrook

By Torey Beavin
October 28, 2014 - 6:19pm

This week’s celebrity is senior Jessie Shubrook, who is the current president of Tri Delta. Jessie is a wonderful role model and president, and below she discusses her future, UVM, being president, and time management. Torey: Tell me a little bit about yourself. Jessie: I’m from Ohio but my family is moving back to California this Christmas so no more cold weather for me! I danced up until college and still love to when I can, it’s definitely the thing I miss most from high school. And when I grow up I want to be a federal defense lawyer, preferably in San Francisco.   READ MORE

Beauty Closet: DIY Beauty Treatments

By Chloe Vickers
October 28, 2014 - 9:06am

If you’re in the same boat as me, which I’m guessing most of you collegiettes are, you don’t necessarily have the funds to be able to afford the expensive beauty treatments that our favorite magazines like Cosmopolitan® or People Magazine® are telling us are necessary to keep us looking young and beautiful. Cash is tight and we need to keep our responsible spending habits going. Of course, there’s always room for treating ourselves every now and again, but until that point, here are a few DIY beauty treatments that’ll work just as well as the professional ones.   Get Healthy, Silky Smooth Hair READ MORE

Hot & Healthy: 5 Reasons You Should Get More Sleep

By Torey Beavin
October 25, 2014 - 11:23am

As a college student, it is nearly impossible to get the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep per night. With homework, friends, and Netflix, we are being pulled in every direction possible with sleep as our last option. That being said, getting sleep is crucial to health and wellbeing. Here are 5 reasons to get more sleep.   1. Better Health READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Jake Webber

By Sydney Kaplan
October 23, 2014 - 4:21pm

Name: Jake Webber
Year: 2015
Major: Business Administration
Relationship Status: Single   Jake and his twin sister (don't worry laides-he's single!) 
  READ MORE

Sharon Silverman & UVM Hillel

By Rachel Polansky
October 22, 2014 - 10:06am

Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Sharon Silverman and this is my forth year at UVM Hillel. I graduated from Penn State and moved to Burlington a few months after graduation. I love Burlington and my job, I really couldn’t imagine doing anything else. When I’m not working I’m hanging out with friends, catching up on TV eating food and most likely laughing. READ MORE