Zach Bartee ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Zack Bartee

Year: Fourth Year

Major: Commerce and Economics

Hometown: Oak Hill, Virginia

I’m sure you have heard about the Hoo Crew, but have you heard about its awesome president? Fourth year Commerce and Economics double major, Zack Bartee, discusses his role as Hoo Crew president, his plans after college, and his favorite thing about being a Wahoo.

What are you involved in around grounds?

I serve as Hoo Crew President, Madison House Head Program Director for PLAY: After-School Activities, Sports Editor for The Cavalier Daily, an Undergraduate Teaching Fellow for Professor Elzinga and Professor Coppock’s Principles of Economics classes, and the Tutoring Chair of the Econ Club.

Best part about Hoo Crew? How has it improved school spirit in your eyes?

In addition to publicizing sporting events around Grounds and going to games ourselves, I think Hoo Crew has made attending games, being a fan, and celebrating our school’s outstanding athletic programs an integral part of the college experience for a large number of students.

What is your major and what are your plans after you graduate from UVA?

I’m a Commerce and Economics double major and have accepted a job to work in investment banking in New York after graduation.  However, I’m also interested in working with sports in some capacity in the future.

What is the most memorable UVA sporting event that you have ever attended?

Hopefully that’s still to come, but so far I would have to say either beating Duke at JPJ my second year or winning the ACC Tournament in Greensboro last spring.

Between school and heading Hoo Crew, what are some other things you enjoy doing?

I really love food and trying new restaurants, and I also like to take time each day to read a few stories in the national newspapers.

What is your favorite part about being a Wahoo?

Being better than Hokies at pretty much everything. But really, the number of incredibly interesting and friendly people that you can meet on any given day across all facets of University life.

Something people don’t know about you?

I’m terrified of touching my belly button. There’s no logic behind it. I just can’t do it.

Rapid Fire Questions

Favorite show? Full House

Favorite class you’ve taken at UVA? Social Psychology with Prof. Wilson

Hidden talent? Bird calls

Newcomb, Runk, or O’Hill? Newcomb  (But only for Chick-fil-A at the Pav)

Favorite food? Fried Chicken and Mac & Cheese

Favorite movie? Top Gun

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!