When Your Dad is Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

My dad has always been my rock. He is the man who is there to console me at my worst and celebrate with me at my best. Here are 6 realities of a college student who’s also Daddy’s Little Girl.

1. You talk every day: A day without a phone call from dad is incomplete. Even texting doesn’t always suffice.

2. And you never end a convo without saying I love you: You can’t remember the last time you didn’t tell dad you loved him when you hung up the phone. Even though he knows it, you always feel the need to remind him

3. Your university became his university: Right when you were accepted your dad went out and bought his college gear. He watches all the sports games and keeps up on all the stats. Honestly, he might be a little more into it than you are

4. He’s the guy you go to for a quick pep talk: Midterms got you down? Text dad. Feeling uninspired on a paper? Call dad. Feel like procrastinating? FaceTime dad.

5. He’ll be there for you any time you need it: Home might be hundreds of miles away, but you know your dad would jump in the car and drive through the night if you asked him to.

6. He’s your number one fan: Your dad believes in you when you don’t believe in yourself. And you know he’ll be in your corner no matter what.

Share if your dad rocks as much as mine :)

New Yorker by birth, Wahoo at heart.