What To Look Forward To This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

The fall semester is in the past. While some are wondering how to top such a wonderful social semester full of football tailgates, trick-or-treating on the lawn, and the lighting of the lawn, I’m here to assure you that the best is yet to come. Here are the top five things you can look forward to this spring.

A Cappella Concerts:

Yes, we are talking about the Hullabahoos, New Dominions, AVP, and many more. If you’re like me and you can’t hold a tune, let them do it for you. Your whole friend group can enjoy their sweet melodies to modern songs made even more beautiful. But don’t let the fun stop there, make a friend date out of it and go to dinner before the concert. It’s hard to groove to music on an empty stomach, so hit the Corner. Word on the street is that Lemongrass, Basil, and Mellow Mushroom always hit the spot.

March Madness:

Well, this might not be unique to UVA, but there is a chance that we will be one of the potential sixty-four teams dancing in this years NCAA tournament. With the stellar performance from the men’s team last year and their current number two ranking in the nation, there is nothing but high hopes for them in the post-season. On top of that, the women’s basketball team is off to a wonderful start and can potentially join the men in post-season tournament play as well. What is better than two UVA teams dancing in the tournament?

UVA Baseball:

I guess the only thing better than watching UVA basketball make strides in the NCAA tournament is watching our baseball team dominate on their way to the national championship. While their games might be long, they are definitely worth it! Grab a few friends, a baseball cap, and make your way to Davenport Field to cheer the Hoos on to another amazing season on the diamond.

Restoration Ball:

The Restoration Ball is a ball held by the Jefferson Society which celebrates the restoration of the Rotunda after it was nearly burnt to the ground on October 27th, 1895. Going on it’s 52nd year, the Restoration Ball is a black tie affair that you won’t want to miss! Find a dress, snag a date, and party in the most sophisticated way on Peabody Lawn later on this spring.

Foxfield:

Foxfield is one of the last university-wide events of the academic year, and by far the biggest day party I have ever attended! Enjoy bouncing around from plot to plot listening to music, mingling with friends and enjoying good food and tailgating games. If you get lucky you might even be able to see a horse race or two but don’t forget your sunscreen, sun hats, and preppy attire. This is an event you won’t want to miss.

Like I said before, the fall might have been fun but there are still plenty of memories to make this spring. These are just a few of the wonderful social events taking place on ground this spring!

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!