kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Vegan Finds in New York City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Happy spring, Hoos! Instead of heading south somewhere warm and tropical for spring break, I found myself traveling north to a snowy New York City. If you’re a fellow vegan, you probably understand the constant struggle of finding food while traveling in an unfamiliar city. Here are some of my favorite vegan finds in NYC:

1. by CHLOE.

This 100% vegan restaurant is amazing! Every bite is flavourful. I love that this restaurant makes your classically non-vegan comfort foods, like mac and cheese, vegan! I decided to order the Spicy Thai salad, which was delicious! 

Instead of salad, my friend opted for the avocado pesto pasta, which was so creamy and filling! 

2. Pure Ktchn

Pure Ktchn was another one of my favorites this trip! The shop itself was so petite, cute, and full of pastel colors. This little gem offers a wide variety, from smoothie bowls to salads to vegan burgers. I ordered the American butternut squash bowl, and it was amazing! The flavors complimented each other perfectly. 

My friend chose the Mediterranean falafel bowl, which was also extremely delicious.

3. Hummus Kitchen

For dinner one night, we decided to go to a classier, sit-down restaurant. We stumbled across Hummus Kitchen, which serves Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food. I ordered the Mazze Trio, which allows you to choose three small dishes. I love this concept because it gives you a variety of options! I went for the falafel, stuffed grape leaves, and the Mediterranean chopped salad. All three were so tasty!

Vegan or not, you should definitely check out these places if you visit New York City. I can guarantee that they are so delicious and totally worth your time!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!