Tori Janowski ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Year: 4th year

Major: English

Hometown: Sterling, Virginia

This week’s Campus Celebrity is a force to be reckoned with on the court and in the classroom. Learn more about Tori Janowski as she discusses her life as a student athlete, the best part about big on the UVA volleyball team and much more in this week’s edition of Campus Celebrity.

Activities outside of volleyball? 

I really like to read, but since I’m an English major I don’t get to read much for pleasure during he school year. My favorite book (right now) is Gone Girl. I also really like to eat and I love to bake!

What is your favorite part about being a member of UVA Volleyball?

My teammates…hands down. They are the craziest, coolest bunch of weirdos I have ever met and I wouldn’t change a thing about them. I get anxiety thinking about this being my last year with them! Playing with them makes every long, sweaty, exhausting practice so worth it. I love them so much!

Do you have any pre-game rituals?

I can never, under any circumstances, take a nap. Ever.

How do you manage your time as a student-athlete?

It’s pretty tough. I always have at least two books with me so I try to get reading done whenever I have the chance. Whether its before practice or on the bus, I try to get a few pages of reading in to stay on top of the endless pile of assigned work.

Advice you would give to your first year self?

Go out there and meet as many people as you can! Get involved with groups and projects that you’re interested in! You’ll never know where those relationships will take you or what opportunities they will bring you. Connections are everything!

Something people don’t know about you?

I am half Polish and I have citizenship there as well.

Rapid Fire Questions

Favorite show? Scandal

Celebrity crush? Beyonce

Favorite song?  The Beginning by John Legend

Favorite food? Pie

Favorite movie? The Devil Wears Prada

Favorite place on grounds? The nook below the stairs in Nau Hall

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!
Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!