Things to Look Forward to After Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

It may be crunch time now, but the holidays are right around the corner. Finals season may the worst time of the year, but luckily it leads right into the best time of year. When you get home from college, the pressure is off, and you can finally spend time with friends and family for an extended period of time (because as we know, the three days of Thanksgiving break are nothing). Here are some things to look forward to (and hopefully to get you through finals).

1.     Decorating the Christmas tree with family

There is nothing better than quality time with the family while decorating your tree. Even better are the Christmas tunes that you can play while admiring your handiwork.

2.     Holiday shopping

Whether you go with your friends or with your mom, holiday shopping for others is the best. While it may be fun to receive gifts, sometimes giving is even better.

3.     Netflix

This should have been No. 1 on the list because spending days watching T.V in bed is the absolute dream. From Stranger Things to Jessica Jones to Gilmore Girls, Netflix has so many options that you could spend all winter-break watching and still not get through everything on your list. Without school to worry about, winter break is the perfect time to catch up on your shows.

4.     Sleeping in

No more class at 9 a.m. No more alarms. One of the best things about winter break is the ability to sleep in for hours on end. Think about it…in a few short weeks, you can sleep for 12 hours a night if you want to.

5.     Ice skating

No winter break is complete without it.

6.     Making Christmas cookies

Honestly, this is the highlight of winter break. And, to make it better, you can eat your cookies while watching Netflix (multitasking is key)

Even though finals are still upon us, there are even more things to be excited about. So don’t worry, the end is near.